Chapter 22.5

Fukui Kensuke’s POV

I swear I’m going to kill myself.

As soon as my dad dropped Suzume over her dorm, I exploded. “Dad! Why didn’t you tell me I and Suzume are going to attend same schools?!” I exclaimed.

He gave a confused look. “What? I thought you knew” What? Who’s behind all of these? “Didn’t you remember that your mother was the one who asked a form of the school from her?”

“So it was mom?!” I reacted.

“No, I think Hitomi was the one who gave the form to your mother” Dad rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Hitomi – that tsundere!! “Why are you reacting so violently? Isn’t it good? You have someone close to you attending the same college. You can adjust easily” Are you kidding me?

Why am I reacting so violently?

WHY?

The girl who I thought I like will be attending the same school as I am; the same girl who I gave false hope in liking her back. Yes, I know the girl likes me dammit!

Why didn’t I confess to her during Valentines’ Day you ask? It’s because I didn’t fully like her. I still wasn’t over the fact that the one I love dumped me for some other guy. And I wouldn’t even mention her name! It’s not worthy!

That night when we arrived at the Midorima’s, I locked myself in my room after greeting and eating dinner with our family friend. I even forgot Mayu’s ‘hi’ for Shintaro.

I was dwelling on it too much that I wasn’t able to sleep properly. It was embarrassing since Shintaro was the one who woke me up. Ah, that guy is in his last year of high school huh?

I walked to school with him and soon parted ways when I reached the route to my college. He gave a nod and wave goodbye as I walked by myself.

I reached the University and headed to my first class. Upon entering it, I soon wanted to jump off the building when I saw Suzume sitting by herself at the front row, just in front of the teacher’s table. I gulped, debating either to sit next to her or avoid her. But when I decided to sit beside her, I was beaten by a dude who approached her, stealing the chair I was supposed to sit on. He started flirting with her that she didn’t seem to notice.

Bleh, flirty people annoy me. Might as well avoid them.

I made my way to the very back of the room, making sure I walk pass in between them. Suzume looked up at me as I successfully interrupted them. I didn’t glance at her though. I focused straight ahead to my seat and didn’t bother to have eye contact with her.

When our first class ended, I immediately went out of the room without even talking to Suzume. As I was walking through the hallway, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket discovering who it was. “Hello tsundere traitor” I say through the phone.

“Hello coward motherfucker” She’s cursing more than usual.

“What are you on about now?” I grumbled, leaning on the open window, staring down at the open field of my new campus. Can’t she notice the frustration on my tone right now? I’m pretty sure she knows the reason behind it, since she’s the one who’s all behind this. “Shouldn’t I be the one who’s supposed to be mad?” I sighed, leaning my head down on an open window. I hope a plane crashes on it and I end up being headless. Actually, I am headless.

“Bastard, cowards don’t have the right to be mad. And they certainly don’t deserve nadeshiko’s such as Nanami Suzume” Hitomi replied, obviously directing those words to me.