Chapter 22

• Dedicated to Awesome readers who read this

“Seriously though, why?” I asked persistently since Himuro’s not even giving me a clear and definite answer.

All that’s he’s been giving me is smiles and chuckles and then just leans his head on the window and stare outside. I pouted without him looking and slumped on my seat like a toddler. I remember that I used to pull this tantrum whenever my parents don’t tell me where we’re going to, just like Himuro is doing right now. It frustrated me yet it made me excited at the same time. So, I waited (im) patiently until we reached to wherever we’re going.

A few hours passed as I noticed we were leaving town and into a rural area where only trees and forests where seen. Seeing those gigantic stumps given by Mother Nature, it occurred to me that this is the place where my parents used to take me before; the mountain park with giant trees. Slowly, my mouth gaped in shock. How did Himuro know this place?! He said he just came back from America this year – I mean last. Damn i forgot we already celebrated New Year!

But still…

The park is in a secluded area of Akita. A tourist – or a person who just came back here after a few years couldn’t possibly know this place themselves; unless he knows someone who’ve brought him here before? But who?

The bus came approaching the station as Himuro stood up, taking my hand in his. Even though I know this place more than him, it felt like he was the one guiding me where to go. When we got off the bus, Himuro pulled me with him as we started to walk by the sidewalk. As I look at the side, beautiful scenery of trees greeted my eyes making me gawk in admiration. It was so beautiful here…

So beautiful…

“Beautiful” Himuro says, glancing over to me. He smiled dreamily at me, stroking my long green hair in the process. “You fit in these types of places. Beautiful and natural” he kissed the top of my head, encircling his arms around me. I hugged him back, closing my eyes for a bit, capturing the moment.

“So, will you tell me why you brought me here?” I asked for the last time, hoping he’d answer me now.

He was silent before heaving a deep sigh, then gaze back to the topography in front of us. “Do you remember this place?” he returned a question. I blinked and stared at the environment around us. Raising my head up, admiring the tall trees above us, I smiled.

“It’s the place…” I started. “The last place I went to with my parents…” I say, a tear rolling down from my eye. Sniffing, I wiped it away and turned back to Himuro. “How did you know this place? Did Kensuke tell you?”

“No” he immediately returned, without looking at me. What? If Kensuke didn’t tell him, then who did? Only I, Kensuke and my parents were the only ones who knew this place in the family. “Someone – some people took me here…”

“People?” I pondered. “Who?”

Himuro glanced at me with a serious look on his face. “Your parents” he replied, catching me by surprise.

“What?” That’s fucking impossible. “My parents are dead” How can they even do that? They were dead way before I met Himuro!

“I know” Himuro closes his eyes, reopening them to stare at the ground. He didn’t want to look at me at the face. “But, they manage to take me here. In my dreams, at least” he told me.

I sighed. For a moment there I thought my parents resurrected to haunt Himuro and then take him to this place. But it’s really weird for him to dream about my parents. “So it’s all just a dream then” I looked up the sky again, joining Himuro’s side. “Me being with them again…” I mutter to myself with a bitter smile. Himuro heard it making him hug me again; tightly this time.