Chapter 20

I’m so pathetic. I’m currently crying in Himuro’s arms nonstop and I couldn’t even talk properly to him. Whimpers and sobs continue to escape my lips as Himuro rubbed my back soothingly. “Hitomi I’m so sorry…” he continued to apologize to me. I shook my head but didn’t say anything. I want to tell him it’s not his fault but I’m just not at the stable state to talk. He pressed his soft lips on my forehead, shushing me.

Soon enough after I calm down, Himuro started treating my wounds. He started to put ointment on my arms and face and proceeded in putting some on my stomach. I was asked to unbutton my blouse just by the abdomen area and let Himuro put an ice bag on it making me flinch.

“Sorry, does it hurt?” he apologized once again. Why does he keep on saying sorry? I shook my head in response and let him continued to treat me. I looked away, focusing on the other empty bed just beside mine. I notice him staring at me for a while so I looked at him. He was looking at my bruises covering most of my abdomen skin. I cringed when he brushed his fingers on top of them making me shift uncomfortably. “It’s my fault… it’s my fault that they did this to you. If only I didn’t, I didn’t…”

“If only you didn’t what?” I cut him off with a stern question. “If only you didn’t approach me and befriended me? If only you didn’t kiss me in front of everyone and if only you didn’t decide to court me?” Himuro looked taken aback at my questions at him that caught him off guard. He hung his head down and muttered another sorry that tick me off. “Stop saying sorry will you?! Are you actually feeling sorry that you met me?! And knew me?! And like me?! Is that it huh?!” I started hitting his shoulders.

He didn’t answer me and remained silent that actually hurt. He’s not going to deny it? He’s not going to defend himself? If so, is all of what I said true? Is he really…

“Mmf—!” I was suddenly pulled towards him and got trapped in his arms. My struggling of getting out of his grip was stopped when he crashed his lips onto mine.

I was reactionless when he did that; even though I felt him kiss me a couple of times. He cupped my chin, slowly getting into the kiss with his eyes closed.

I was still surprised and my eyes widened out of shock. I gradually grabbed hold of his collar and deepen our kiss, my eyelids shutting close.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

I’d probably rewarded for using the word ‘idiot’ all the time.

Hearing the bed creak, I can feel Himuro dominating the kiss and slowly pushing me down on the bed. But for some reason, I didn’t struggle and didn’t fight about it. I let him completely take over.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth as he pinned me down the cushion bed, completely forgetting that I have several bruises around my limbs.  I winced a bit and muttered a sorry before adjusting his hands to cup my face and continued kissing me.

The first minutes were pretty heated, just your typical teenage make-out sessions. Until we came to the point that he grabbed my thighs that made me gasp in surprise.

“Sorry… you’re not used to that yet, huh?” he assumed. I nod my head embarrassingly as he got off me, his feet meeting the floor and me sitting up.

Let me just say it was pretty awkward right now. We fought then he kissed me and we ended up making-out on a clinic bed and now he’s staring at me like nothing happened. I glanced at him and was ready to speak when he kissed my lips again, gently and pulled back after a few seconds.

“I love you” he said out of nowhere leaving me dumbfounded.

I wasn’t sure what to respond but I find myself replying the same words that he told me.