Bad Idea

As I lay in my bed I began  I began dreaming I was out in the woods it was the dead of the night walking  looking for someone, I was walking the cold air chilling me, I turned my head and saw claw marks ripped into a tree.

 "Derek!" I was yelling. I ran looking frantically for him. I saw him pinned against a tree with a arrow in his arm.

"Derek!" I yell, he looks up.

 "Emily run!" He screams. I turned around and saw am arrow coming straight at me and it went into my shoulder I screamed, a finally one shot into my throat.

I shot up in my bed screaming as loud as I could. 

 "Emily!" My father burst into the room flipping the lights on. "Emily it's okay honey." I calmed down and looked towards my window it was open.

 "Dad?"

 "Hey sweetie, it's okay." He held on to me.

 "I'm fine Dad." I mutter, my heart still racing, that felt so real.

 "Are you sure?"

 "Yeah sorry I woke you."

 "All right you need anything?" 

"Yeah do you remember when you wanted to teach me how to fight? When I was younger and we kind of stopped as I got older because Mom thought I might get hurt?"

 "Yeah, why honey?"

 "I want to learn. I'm older and I think it could help me."

 "We can start tomorrow." He smiles. 

"Thanks, night Dad." 

"Night Emily, try to get some sleep." He shut my door I got up and closed my window.

=

The next morning I woke up and dragged myself out of bed showered and got dressed in yoga pants and a gray t-shirt with my black high tops and tie my hair in a high pony tail. I walk downstairs and grabbed an apple to eat. 

"Ready to train honey?" My dad asks. 

"Yes."

 We walked outside I stretched out and got in a fighting stance. "To be a good and powerful fighter use your resources which is the strongest parts of your body which for you is your elbow and legs. I want you to come at me, I will fight back." I swing my fist which he blocks. I do a quick kick which hits him hard in the side. He swings back I block it.

He puts me in a hold and I'm held fast I struggle we continue with me stuck in the hold until Allison comes and watch. I get distracted and he knocks my legs out from under me, he lets me out of the hold I fall to the ground, I push my self quickly, recover and we keep going. I swing and he continues to block. He grabs my wrist roughly and puts it behind my back. I try head butting him. Which unbalances him so I can thrust my elbow in his stomach. He let's go of my wrist. He kicks my legs out from underneath me and I land on my back.

  "Good job Emily, not bad for no training in the past 5 years."

 "Thanks Dad." I look down at my wrist and feel a bruise forming.

        The rest of the weekend goes by slowly and the bruise is still on my wrist on Monday. Allison is going to avoid Scott for just leaving her at the party. I suggested she do it because the best way to get a guy's attention is usually ignore the hell out of them.

 Danny has been texting me all weekend asking me what happened at the party and telling me about the hot guy he danced with who started texting him. I don't tell Danny about what happened in the woods I don't tell anyone not even Allison.