Answers To Lingering Questions

I open my eyes to a blinding light. I immediately close them. I groan from the pounding in my head. I open my eyes and tilt my head to the right. I see an empty table. I think I'm at Deaton's. I close my eyes again. I grimace from the pain in my head. I open them one more time. I feel a cold cloth on my head and I feel the cold table under me.My body is so sore. I tilt my head to the left. I notice there's bruises covering my forearm and a gauze wrapping around my shoulder where my scar is. I see Derek sitting in a chair against the wall with his eyes closed, holding his arm. "Derek." I say weakly.

His eyes shoot open, he looks at me, I give him a weak smile. He pulls the chair over to me. He grabs my hand tightly in his. It almost hurts.

 "Are you okay?" He asks while brushing some hair out of my face.

"What happened?" My hand goes to my head.

 "I don't know you just starting screaming and  you fell but I caught you before you did." 

"Was I having a seizure?" I question.

"Yeah." 

"That's never happened before. What's happening to me?" My voice catches

"I don't know." He answers his eyes clouded with emotion.

 "Where's Scott?" I ask noticing he's not here.

 "He's home, he had to heal." 

"Why was I bleeding?" 

"I don't know." He says then looks down at the floor. I push the cloth off my head. A wave of pain hits me and I squeeze Derek's hand tightly.

I start to feel the pain in my body go to a dull throb. I notice the veins in Derek's hand and arm turned black. He grimaces. I pull my hand back, not wanting him to hurt himself.

"What are you doing?" I question. 

"Taking pain." 

"How did you do that?" 

"Part of being a werewolf." I look closer at Derek.

There's blood on his shoulder and his arm. I look down at my shirt there's blood on it. I prop myself up on my elbows.

"Am I bleeding?" I question.

"No, that's not your blood." 

"Is it yours?" I ask while trying to sit up more. 

"Em, relax I'm fine." He says trying to calm me, starting to stand up.  

"Derek." I say sternly through clenched teeth.

"Yes." He says in defeat. 

"Help me up." I order. 

"Em."

"Now."

He let's out a sigh but helps me up, his hand holding my back. I sit up trying to ignore the pain in my head. I slide off the table my vision goes cloudy. I grip the table to keep myself steady. I shake my head and my vision goes back to normal. 

Derek doesn't move away from me, he stays close in case I fall. "Em, what are you doing?" 

"Something." I reply, my legs are still a little shaky.

 "Em, sit back down, heal."

"Nope."

I can practically feel his frustrated glare on me. I look through the drawers and pull out gauze, cotton balls and rubbing alcohol. I put them on the table, I was previously laying on. I look Derek directly in the eye and with a straight face say.