Chapter 2: The Accident

It was at the championship rodeo. This is the day Hazel has been working for. There was tons of people in the audience. Hazel got there early that day so she could practice. Her and Star have been working so hard for this. The rodeo grounds was about 2 hours away from home. Hazel had all of Star's fancy tack all cleaned. This was the time they've been waiting for.
    "Hazel, you're going to do great!", Hazels dad said. "Thanks dad", Hazel said with a smile. Hazel's parents went up in the stands. It was about her time to barrel race. She got on Star and said, "Okay girl, we can do this". Hazel rode Star to the gate where they would start.
      "And out they go!", said the announcer. "Hazel Taylor and Star!" So far so good, Hazel thought. Hazel turned Star around the first barrel, and going on to the second. They're time was good so far. Hazel was turning Star around the third barrel, and Hazel fell off into the barrel. "Oh no!", Hazel's parents said. Hazel rammed into the barrel, with Star still running. Hazel felt pain and looked up with everyone in the crowd in shock. Suddenly, Hazel saw a blur of a horse running to her. It was Star.
       Star was in shock also. Star came hurdling over Hazel lying on the ground. "Oh my gosh!", Hazel's parents said as they was calling 911. Star ran off, as someone caught her to calm her down. Hazel was lying on the ground. Her parents came over running. "Hazel! Talk to me! Are you okay?!", Hazel's mom said.
       With a moment of silence, Hazel said, "I can't feel my legs".