Chapter 14: Trail Ride

Amy, Georgie, and Hazel were off on the trail. "The scenery is so beautiful out here!", Hazel said. "Yeah! Especially the mountains!", Georgie said. "I have somewhere I want to take you", Amy said. The rode a little more. They came up to this area where there were jumps made out of wood. "What's this?", Hazel asked. "It's a homemade jumping course that Ty made for me 10 years ago", Amy said. "Wow! It's amazing! Do you ever use it anymore?", Hazel asked. "Not that much. Georgie's used it though", Amy said.
     "Yeah, I've snuck off and came here to jump", Georgie said. Georgie clicked Trouble on and started him into a canter. "She loves to jump", Amy said as they were watching Georgie jump. "Wow! You're awesome!", Hazel said as Georgie came up to her. "Thanks! I haven't practiced in a while, but I like to do it every now and then", Georgie said. "Well, we should probably head back", Amy said.
   They headed back to Heartland. "Do you want to help us with the horses?", Amy asked. "Yeah! Sure!", Hazel said. They reached the barn and Hazel's dad got her off of Phoenix. They took the horses in the barn and started grooming them. "I love this barn" Hazel said. "Thanks. I love it too", Amy said. "Well, 3 years ago Amy wanted to add a few stalls, but of course Jack wouldn't let her", Georgie said with a smile. "I wasn't very happy at that time. That's when I came back from that tour", Amy said.
    They put the horses out to graze. They sat out close to the field watching the horses graze happily. "Thanks for the ride", Hazel said. "No problem! We hope to do more fun stuff with you while you're here", Amy said.
    They sat there silently watching the horses in the sun grazing.