Chapter 9: Back in the Saddle

"Wake up! Wake up!" Hazel's friend Kaylee said as moving her arm. "What?" Hazel said as she sleepily woke up. "You have to get out there and ride!" Kaylee said. "How did you get in my house? And how did you get in my room?" Hazel asked. "I snuck in". Kaylee said. "Wait? You broke in?!" Hazel exclaimed. "No, of course not. The back door was unlocked". Kaylee said. "Okay, but I'm not riding", Hazel said. "Why?! You have to! Riding is your life!" Kaylee said. "Lets go get some breakfast", Hazel said.
Hazel and Kaylee went out in the kitchen to get some breakfast. "Kaylee, I got an opportunity of a lifetime", Hazel said. "Really?! What is it?" Kaylee said. "I might get to go to Canada at a ranch for a full western experience! This girl, Amy Fleming. She works with problem horses for a living and she lives at this ranch called Heartland. She invited me because she heard my story about the accident", Hazel said. "Wow! That's amazing! Are you going?" Kaylee said. "Well, maybe. My parents think it's a good idea, and I really want to go", Hazel said. "But, if it's a western experience, don't you have to ride?" Kaylee asked. "Yeah. That's the problem", Hazel said.
"What problem?!" Kaylee said. "You've loved riding all your life! You can't let this stop you from what you love doing best! Face your fears! I will be there for you no matter what!" Kaylee exclaimed. "You're never going to give up, are you?", Hazel said sarcastically. "Please, for you", Kaylee said. "Fine, I'll ride!", Hazel said happily.
"Awesome! Let's go!" Kaylee said. Both the girls went outside to the barn. "How's Star dealing with the change?", Kaylee asked. "She's actually doing pretty good. She's calm, and she knows that something's different", Hazel said. "That's good. That means she wants you to ride her again!" Kaylee said. "Hey, we need to get the stablehand to help us", Hazel said. "Okay", Kaylee said. "Hey! John! Could you come help us so I can ride?!" Hazel yelled. "Yeah sure! I'm comin!", said John. John came over and saddled Star up.
"Where's your dad?" Kaylee asked. "He's right over there. Hey dad! Could you come put me on Star?", Kaylee said. "Yep! I'm comin!" said dad. Her dad picked her up and put her on Star. "Okay, you good?" her dad asked. "Yeah, Kaylee's here", Hazel said. "Okay, I gotta get back to work", her dad said. Her dad went back to working, and Kaylee had a hold of Star.
"Okay, you ready for this?" Kaylee asked. "Yep. I got this", Hazel said.