Chapter 15: Time in the round pen

It was the next day at Heartland. They were going to stay there a few more days. Today was the day when Amy was going to help Hazel with more riding. "Good morning", Amy said when Hazel came in the barn. "Hey", Hazel said. Amy was putting feed buckets in stalls and taking care of her morning work. "You ready to ride?", Amy asked. "Yeah! Definitely!", Hazel said. "Ok, I'm about done here and we can get started", Amy said.
Amy finished up and got a saddle out. "Will this western saddle be fine?", Amy asked. "Yeah! That's fine. Which horse will I be riding?", Hazel asked. "Since I'm not riding, I'll let you ride Spartan", Amy said. "Ok!", Hazel said. They tacked Spartan up and took him out to the round pen. "Here, I have an idea", Hazel said. "What's that?", Amy asked. "Let be get up on these hay bales, and I will be at Spartan's height. Then I can get over on the saddle", Hazel explained. "That's a really good idea! You think you can do it?", Amy said. "Yeah! Why not!", Hazel said.
Hazel got up on the hay bales and Amy moved Spartan closer. Hazel slid herself over and her leg over the other side of the saddle. "Awesome!", Amy said. "Thanks! I can't believe that worked!", Hazel said. Amy lead Spartan into the round pen. "How do you usually treat your horse at home?", Amy asked. "Well, we have a good bond. I train a lot", Hazel said. "Ok, that's a good start. You might want to cut back with your training, but we're here to work on your riding", Amy said. Amy took off the lead rope of Spartan.
"Try to click him on. Get him at a walk, then a trot", Amy said. "Ok", Hazel said. Hazel clucked Spartan and he started walking. "Good boy", Hazel said. Spartan started walking around the pen. "Good job, now do him at a trot", Amy said. Hazel clucked at him more when he started at a trot. "Alright, now bring him in", Amy said. Hazel turned Spartan into the middle. "You ride great! You wanna call it a day?", Amy asked. "Sure!", Hazel said. They lead Spartan out of the round pen and took him to the barn.