Chapter 13: A morning at Heartland

Hazel woke up and sat up in the bed. She looked out the window with the sun shining and the birds chirping. Her mom and dad was still sleeping over in their bed. She slid over into her wheelchair and went into the bathroom. She put her clothes on and got ready. "Today's going to be fun", Hazel said to herself. She came out of the bathroom and her mom was waking up. "Hey honey", her mom said. "Hey, I'm ready to go", Hazel said. "Ok, let me get dressed and get your dad up", mom said.
Her mom got dressed and ready, and dad got up. They was all ready. Hazel had her boots and hat on, ready to go. They drove to Heartland. They went on the porch and knocked on the door. "Hey!", Lou said. "Hope it's not too early", mom said. "No! Not at all!", Lou said. "Sorry, Hazel was such in a rush this morning!", mom said. "She's excited to see the horses! Right?", Lou said. Hazel said,"Yeah!" "Well, you can go look for Amy in the barn. I'm sure she's in there", Lou said. "Okay thanks!", Hazel said.
  They went to the barn. "Amy?", Hazel said. "Hey! Good morning! You all are up early!", Amy said. "Yeah, Hazel just couldn't wait to come here!", mom said. Amy smiled. "Have you all had breakfast yet?", Amy asked. "No, actually we haven't", dad said. "Oh, well you can eat with us!", Amy said. "Oh no, we don't want it barge in on you all!", said mom. "No! It'll be fine! I'll tell Lou to set some extra places!", Amy said. "Ok! Great! Thanks!", mom said.
  A while later breakfast was ready. Everyone was at the table ready to eat. There was eggs, potatoes, toast, biscuits, bacon, and gravy. "You've overdone yourself Lou! We didn't need all of this!", mom said. "Don't worry about it! I always like fixing a good breakfast for when we have company", said Lou. They chowed down all their food and helped clean up. "Have you ever done show jumping before?", Georgie asked. "No, I've always barrel raced", Hazel said. "Cool. I've tried before, but it didn't work out so good", Georgie said with a laugh.
      Amy, Hazel, and Georgie went out to the barn. "You ready to go on a trail ride?", Amy asked. "Yep! Which horse will I be riding?", Hazel asked. "I'll ride Spartan. Georgie can ride Trouble. I guess you can ride Phoenix", Amy said. "Ok!", Hazel said. "He's really calm. He'll do good for you", Amy said. They saddled up and got the horses out of the barn.
     "Lets hit the trail!", Amy said. They rode off into the sunrise.