Chapter 11: Off to Canada

"On the road to Canada we go! On the road to Canada we go!", the whole family was singing. "I can't believe we're almost in Canada!", Hazel said. "I love the Canadian scenery!", mom said. "I can't wait to see what food they got!", dad said. The whole family was excited for this trip. "We're about across the border. We are gonna have to show them our passports, and we need to switch our money for Canadian money", dad said. "Man, it sure is a lot of trouble just to go into another country", Hazel said. "Yeah it is, but it's worth it", mom said with a smile.
    They crossed the border and got everything taken care of. "We need to go to the hotel I booked a room for", mom said. "Okay, we'll go there, then we can go find something to eat!", said dad. "You're always looking for something to eat!", said Hazel. "We haven't eaten in 3 hours!", dad said with a laugh. They pulled up to the Holiday Inn Express hotel. "We're here!", mom said. "Ooh! I hope we get a good room!", Hazel said.
    They checked in at the desk and went up to their room. "Wow! Look how big this is!", Hazel said. "Plenty of room for you to get around!", mom said. "Look at this view!", mom said. "And look! They even have a coffee maker in here!", dad said. "This is awesome!", Hazel said. "We even get a buffet breakfast in the morning!", mom said. They got unpacked and went out to find something to eat. "Lets eat at Cracker Barrel!", mom said. "Yeah! I love Cracker Barrel! What do you think dad?", Hazel asked. "That's fine with me!", dad said. They headed to Cracker Barrel.
       They went inside, and stood in line to get a seat. "I love their home cooked food!", mom said. Hazel said, "Me too!" "Could we have a seat where there's room for her wheelchair to pull up to a table?", mom asked. Hazel wasn't used to going into a restaurant with her wheelchair. This is the first restaurant she's been in since the accident. "Sure!", the lady said. She led them to a table in a corner by the window. They sat down and Hazel pulled up to the table. "What are you going to eat Hazel?", mom asked. "I think I'm going to get the french toast breakfast with bacon", Hazel said.
    Mom ordered the vegetable plate, and dad ordered the chicken and dumplings. After waiting for their food a while, it finally came. "This looks so good!", Hazel said. "We need to give blessings before we eat", mom said. They bowed their heads and mom gave the blessing. "Thank you for this food and our safe trip here. Please help us have a safe trip the rest of the way, and for us to have a good time together as a family. Amen", mom said. They lifted their heads and started eating. "That was good", dad said as they were leaving. "Yeah, I don't think I'll need anything until the morning!", Hazel said.
     They left Cracker Barrel and went back to the hotel. They got ready for bed. "We're going to have to get to bed early. We've got a long trip ahead of us tomorrow", mom said. They went to bed. Hazel smiled and looked out the window at the city lights as she drifted to sleep.