one

Taking a deep breath, Victoria took aim.

Her target was to the right, but the wind would affect her arrows course. She moved her bow to the left slightly, pointing into the open field. With one last breath, she let go.

The arrow whisked through the air, landing directly in the middle of the target – a bullseye. She grinned, enjoying her victory – though it was short lived.

"You took too long – if an enemy was near you, you would've been struck down."

Victoria rolled her chocolate-coloured eyes, annoyed at her father's comment. She noticed his body language, he was tense, and a glance to his left hand gave it reason.

He was about to put a knife to her neck, but she reacted faster than he could.

"You were saying?"

Clint looked down, seeing the arrow pressing against his shirt, stopping him from advancing. He chuckled, pulling back.

"Touché," he took her bow and arrows away and set them down by his. "Your Aunt Nat teach you that?"

"The one and only," she grinned. "Is mom done cooking yet?"

"Nope – almost – but not yet. I came to tell you that you have a phone call."

Victoria frowned, pulling out her phone – no messages and no missed calls. She showed the empty screen to her father who shook his head.

"House phone," he nodded to the house. "I suggest you go get the phone from Coop before he annoys them to death."

Victoria made her way into the house, spotting Cooper on the phone, making exaggerated hand gestures while speaking. She stole the phone, ignoring his protests, and spoke.

"The best Barton speaking."

"Hey sweetie."

"Nat! I miss you! Dad's being an ass about my training!"

Clint walked behind her, whipping her butt with the dish cloth, "I heard that, young lady!"

"You were meant to dad," she stuck her tongue out.

"Well, I've been thinking about coming up there in a few days, maybe I could teach him a few things."

"Please do, I would love to see dad get his ass handed to him."

"Language, Victoria!"

"Sorry mom!" She called out, before lowering her voice. "Not sorry."

"I know you aren't," Natasha laughed. "I'll see you soon kid, love you."

"Love you too, Nat."

The assassin hung up, allowing Victoria to go to the kitchen. She walked past the food, stealing a potato or two, making her mother slap her hand away. Clint smirked, stealing a carrot too – making his wife sigh.

"Between the two of you, by the time the rest if the food is done, there's not going to be any left."

"Well," Clint wrapped an arm around Victoria's shoulder. "Like father, like daughter."

"That's unfortunately true," Laura winced, holding her bulging belly.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is the baby on it's way? Do you need to lie down? Here—"

"—Clint, I'm fine," Laura chuckled. "She just kicked."

"She must agree then – oh, I can't wait to be a big sister."

"You already are one, to two siblings."

"Yeah, but this one will love me more than all of you."

Lila and Cooper walked into the room, holding two pieces of paper, "This is for you, Vic! Also, mommy, when is dinner?"

Victoria looked down at the first paper, seeing a – terribly drawn – horse. The other paper, had a slightly better drawn butterfly, with the initials L.B in the corner.

"The ugly one is Cooper's – mine is the butterfly," she lowered her voice to a whisper, although a very loud one. "I'm a better drawer!"

"Hey!" Cooper protested, pouting. "Mommy! Lila is being mean!"

Laura sighed, looking at her husband with a tired smile on her face. Clint chuckled, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist.

"Why did we want another one again?" Laura pouted.

"I don't know why either," Victoria shrugged. "You should've stopped after me."

The other children were about to argue, but a kiss from their parents emitted a groan from them.

"Ew!" Lila and Cooper yelled in unison, running up the stairs to their rooms.

Victoria was soon to follow the actions of her younger siblings, "No more DNA on our food please!"

Clint stood aside while Laura finished up the food. He seemed to be deep in thought, frowning and Laura sighed.

"When do you have to go back?"

She knew Clint so well, that she could basically read his mind through his face. Clint looked up to her, smiling sadly.

"In a few days, hopefully this time the trip will be short – that is, if we find the sceptre."

"Any definite leads?"

"Not many, a few in Sweden, one in Sokovia – another in Ghana. HYDRA is all over."

"Just please be careful – I would hate for either of you to get hurt."

"I'm tempted to just leave, without telling her."

"You know how torn she was when you did that the last time."

"Yeah, she refused to speak to me for weeks when I got back," Clint sighed. "I just don't want to have to worry about myself and her at the same time."

"Then don't worry about her, babe," Laura walked to him. "We raised her to fight, you and Natasha have trained her. There are other people on the team that care for her, they will look after her if you're not there."

"This is why I love you," Clint smiled, leaning in to kiss Laura – a kiss that was interrupted by a kick.

"Seems like she doesn't want you to kiss me," Laura laughed. Clint frowned, crouching and spoke to her belly.

"Mine."