four

Slipping on her trainers, Victoria shut her bedroom door.

Her bags were already downstairs, all that was left was the girl, herself. Her mother met her at the bottom of the stairs, giving her a small smile. Together, they walked outside, until her mother left to Clint and Natasha.

Lila ran up to her sister, clinging to her leg. Victoria smiled, bending to her level and kissing her head.

"I'll be back soon, princess."

Cooper stood beside her dad, not looking up when she bent before him.

"Coop? I'll be back, okay?" She kissed his head. He wrapped his arms around her and she smiled. "I'll help you with all that terrible math homework soon."

Her mom had tears welling in her eyes. Victoria gave a small laugh, shaking her head, "Momma, you're gonna make me cry! I'm not going to be gone for very long."

"Please, please, please stay safe – don't get yourself killed. I want to see you get married! I love you baby."

"I love you too,mom," Victoria bent down to her stomach, kissing it. "And I love you, you little squirt."

"C'mon, let's go."

She looked at her dad, who gave her a reassuring smile. Clint kissed his wife, hugged the kids again before leading Victoria to the jet that awaited them. Natasha now stood by the entrance, waving to the rest of the family. Victoria blew a kiss, before the door closed.

"To infinity, and beyond!"

"Vic, shut up," Clint groaned at his daughter, as she had used the saying every time they left in the jet.

Natasha swatted his arm, "Don't be such a downer, Barton."

"Yeah, Dad!"

Clint manned the controls while Victoria settled into a seat. She took her headphones out, scrolling through her music before Natasha interrupted her.

"Hey kid, I got something for you."

She held out a photograph – a family photo from Christmas a few years ago.

"Thanks Nat," she looked up at her. "I love it."

She put the photo in her phone case – hoping for it to stay as perfect as it was currently. She looked down to her phone again, returning to her previous activity of scrolling through her music.

"Hey kiddo, it's not too late for us to turn around and go back for you."

"No dad, I'm good – I'm good where I am right now."

"Alright," he sighed.

Natasha sat next to Victoria, staring at the girl who still had her head down. When the young girl felt the gaze, she turned to see Natasha smirking.

"What?"

"What happened to that one guy – the cute blonde you told me about?"