fifteen

"Two minutes," Steve hopped over the fence. "Stay close."

"Doctor Cho?"

"Oh my gosh!"

Helen was clutching onto her abdomen, which was bleeding heavily. Victoria stepped aside, calling an ambulance for the doctor.

"He's uploading himself into the body."

"Where?" Captain asked, causing the doctor to shake her head.

"The real power is inside the cradle," she said. "The gem – it's power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up, you have to get the cradle to Stark."

"First, we have find it."

"Go," Helen muttered.

"Did you guys copy that?"

Victoria and Steve ran out, racing toward the highway. They found a ladder leading toward the road above them.

"We did."

"I've got a private jet taking off across town – no manifest. That could be him."

"There— it's a truck from the lab," Victoria's father spoke. "Right above you, on the loop by the bridge. It's them. You've got three in the cable and in the cab – I could take out the driver."

"Negative," Steve stated while climbing up the ladder to the bridge. "That truck crashes – the gem could level the whole city. We need to draw out Ultron."

Taking a few steps back, Steve took a running start to jump off the bridge and onto the roof of the truck. He moved towards the door, halting when Ultron blasted it open, making the soldier fall and hold onto the door. He swung the door back around, causing Ultron blasted it again, making the door drag on the road with Captain on it.

Victoria sighed, jumping onto the roof. Ultron turned to the girl, tilting his head as though he was a dog. The thought alone made Victoria burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You remind me of a dog—" she paused. "—A very metallic, sadistic dog."

"You're stalling."

"Please— I don't have the patience to stall."

Victoria threw a punch, one that the robot hardly responded to. His head merely moved to the side. Victoria looked at her hand, still balled up in a fist.

"Oh, shit."

"Language, Victoria!"

"Oh for heaven sakes," Steve sighed. "Give it a rest, will ya, Natasha?"

Ultron scoffed, shoving her to the side. She clung to the edge, as Ultron moved to the back of the truck. 

"Well he's definitely unhappy!" Captain called out. "And I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're no match for him, Cap."

"Thanks Barton," Steve replied.

Steve pulled himself up, glaring at Ultron.

"You know what's in that cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort."

Steve threw his shield at the robot, causing Ultron to blast at him. They fought for a little bit, until Steve wedged his shield into Ultron, which seemed to piss the android off.