twenty-five

"Oh darling!" Laura all but ran to her daughter's bed, wrapping her in a hug. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!"

"Noted, mom."

Clint walked into the room, a baby held in his arms. He was rocking it slightly, with a smile on his face. He leant down to audibly whisper to Victoria, "And this is your other brother."

"Brother?"

He handed the child to Victoria, and she glanced at the baby-grow it had on. 'Nathaniel Pietro Barton' was spelt out across his torso. Victoria glanced at Pietro, who had a wide grin across his face.

"Pietro?"

"He saved my life," Clint smiled. "I have to repay him, somehow."

Her siblings jumped onto the bed, careful not to injure Victoria nor their brother. After a quick greeting, her family left the room to put their bags away. Nathaniel was still in her arms, Pietro now laying beside her.

"One day," Pietro played with her hair. "One day, when we're older, this will be us again. Only, the child in your arms will be our child."

"Pietro," she giggled. "I'm only seventeen!"

"Why else do you think I said, 'When we're older'?"

"Do you really see us being together for that long?"

"Yes," he gazed into her brown eyes. "I really do."

To Victoria, there was nothing that could ruin the moment. She was more than happy, and her life was finally coming together.

She had loving families: the Bartons, and the Avengers.

She had someone to love, and someone who loved her.

She was an official Avenger, with a codename and everything. She felt as though her new identity was one that would catch on.

Soon the world would be thanking her for helping, only not as 'Some kid that tags along with the Avengers' but as Virago, the saviour of the people.