three

Once another torturous day of school came to an end, Victoria made her way out the doors of hell. She could see her dad's car waiting for her, when her trip was interrupted by a specific douchebag.

"That little stunt you pulled this morning got a lot of lips smacking," Adam commented, stopping her in front of the school doors.

"I want to go home Adam, and unless you wish for a broken wrist, I can and will make my threat a threat no more."

She tried to push past him, but he grabbed her tiny frame, shoving her against the door frame – her back hitting it with a painful thud. She struggled against him, but her hands were pinned by the football player's meaty hands.

People started staring at them, but none of them helped. They were too scared to get involved – and that is why bullying has increased rapidly and still exists today. Victoria began lifting her leg to knee him, but she didn't have to.

"Listen here you sl—"

"—I strongly encourage you to back away from her, before I do it for you."

Both Adam and Victoria looked over to see her saving grace – her 'aunt' Nat – standing with a deep frown etched onto her flawless face. Her arms were crossed, but Victoria could see that her fists were balled.

"And who the hell are you to tell me what to do, bitch?" Adam all but growled. "If you wish to join, I'm sure I can get her to comply—"

He didn't get the chance to finish.

Natasha kicked the back of his legs, knocking him down and gripped onto his wrist – the one Victoria threatened earlier. She twisted it slowly, ignoring the boy's pleads, and stopped once she heard the satisfying snap of his bones breaking apart.

People started to gather, recording the school's quarterback getting his ass kicked.

"Touch my niece again, and I swear to God, you will regret it."

He almost cried, echoing the pain he was in, but one look from the assassin shut him up. Victoria snorted, climbing over him and giving Nat a hug. They walked to the car, and Clint leaped out, grabbing his daughter in a bear hug.

"Oh my god— Vic are you okay? That asshat! I aught to teach that punk a lesson—"

"—Dad? Dad, I'm okay. I would've dealt with him eventually – but Nat seems to have beat me to it," she smiled at the other assassin, who shrugged.

"Had to make an entrance somehow. Hey, was that the guy you complained about a few weeks ago?"

"What?" Clint looked over at her, then focused on Victoria once again. "This has been going on for Lord knows how long, and I'm only finding out about it, now?"

"Dad, I had it handled. Dumbass just doesn't know the meaning of no and how to give up," she looked back, seeing Adam slowly being helped up by his friends. "Can we please just go home?"

***

Victoria wiped the sweat from her forehead, swinging at her target again. Her swing fell short, and she felt a fist collide with her side. She fell down, groaning in pain and looked up at the smirking redhead above her.

"I may say this a lot," Victoria breathed heavily. "But I really hate you."

"Come on, honey."

Natasha helped her up and walked to the chairs they set out. She chucked a water bottle at Victoria, who caught it and took a long, grateful sip.

"Notes?"

"You're throwing your swings to much. If you make your swings at a shorter range – you'll last a lot longer than five minutes. Also – if you're getting tired, focus more on blocking than attacking."

"Alright," she heaved a sigh. "I'm gonna go for a shower."

She left to her room, grabbing pyjamas and hopping into the scalding water. Steam floated around the room, allowing for extra heat. Her shower lasted for no more than twenty minutes – as her mother moaned at her door about the hot water. She slipped on her clothes, before crawling into bed.

It was still relatively early, but sparring with Natasha always tired her out. Just as she closed her eyes, she heard her door open, and bodies flop onto the bed.

"Tori?"

"Are you asleep?"

It was Lila and Cooper. The little brats whisper–shouted their questions. Victoria kept a straight face before answering.

"Yes."

"Hey!" Lila rose her voice, sitting up. "If you were asleep, you wouldn't answer me!"

"This is an alien speaking."

"Alien? Wher–"

Lila was cut off with a giggle, as Victoria grabbed her, pulling her down beside her. She kissed her little sister, before pulling down Cooper too. He laid with his head on her chest, while Lila snuggled into her side.

"What do you monkeys want?"

"Are you going with daddy going to fight bad guys soon?"

"Yeah, I am."

"When?"

Victoria looked at her brother – his face was pulled into a deep frown, and it broke her heart. He was older than Lila, by two years, and he understood the situation better than her.

"Soon, but we'll be back before you know it."

"Be careful, okay? You need to help me with my homework one day."

"Deal."

The kids snuggled up to their older sister, on either side of her. And that's how the children of the Barton family fell asleep.