seventeen

"I'm going to say this once—"

"—How about none-ce?"

"Shut it down, Stark!"

"Nope, not going to happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

Victoria clutched onto Pietro's jacket, the speedster wrapping an arm around her protectively.

"And you do?" Bruce gestured to Wanda. "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry—"

"—Oh, we're way past that, I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

The room was filled with arguing, everyone growing louder and louder, the noise hurting Victoria's ears. She hid her face in Pietro's chest, the speedster smiling down at her.

Pietro glanced at the team of Avengers and his sister, huffing at the ordeal. He sped through the room, pulling all the cables connected to the chrysalis out.

"No, no – go on. You were saying?"

The glass beneath him shattered, causing him to fall through. Victoria gasped, jumping into the room where he lay and glaring at her father.

"What, you didn't see that coming?"

"I'm rerouting the upload."

Victoria looked up as Tony walked towards a computer. Steve threw his shield across the lab, breaking the monitors. Tony's suit's hand connected to his hand and he shot a blast at Steve.

Victoria jumped up, running towards Bruce who had caught the female Maximoff in a headlock. She kicked his legs out from under him, allowing the other girl to use her powers to get him off.

Thor stormed into the room, glancing at the chaos before him before jumping atop the chrysalis. He raised his Mjölner, allowing it to absorb lightning before bringing it down to the chrysalis.

"Wait!"

Victoria shielded her eyes as the chrysalis sparked before exploding, throwing Thor off of it. A body emerged, gracefully resting atop the case. The body rose slowly, glancing at itself and at the team. It's eyes landed on Thor, and charged at the God.

Thor threw him back, toward the windows but it caught itself just before the glass, staring at the skyline.

Victoria ran into the lounge, where the team had gathered. Thor held an arm up, indicating them to wait. The body turned to the team, glancing at us as it formed some sort of suit. Pietro zoomed next to her, grabbing her hand and standing protectively beside her.

"I'm sorry, that was, odd," he spoke. "Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?"

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's centre," Thor pointed to a gem on the android's forehead, answering Steve. "Is that."

"What? The gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones – the greatest power in the universe – unparalleled in it's destructive capabilities."

"Then why you bring—"

"—Because Stark is right."

"Oh, it's definitely the end times," Bruce remarked, causing Victoria to snort. Pietro gave her an amused glance before turning back to the events before them.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone."

"Why does your vision sound like J.A.R.V.I.S.?"

"We reconfigured J.A.R.V.I.S.'s matrix to create something new," Tony explained.

"I think I've had my fill of new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron," the android deadpanned.

"Really?" Victoria frowned.

"I am not Ultron, I am not J.A.R.V.I.S. I am— I am..."

"I looked in your head, and saw annihilation," Wanda frowned.

"Look again."

"Her seal of approval means jack to me," Clint ignored the look his daughter gave him and walked foreword.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads," Thor started. "Ultron himself – they all came from the Mind Stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side—"

"—Is it?" Steve interrupted. "Are you – on our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple," the android responded.

"Well, it better get real simple, real soon," Clint remarked.

"I am on the side of life – Ultron isn't. He will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?"

"You."

"Where?"

"Sokovia – he's got Nat there too."

Victoria looked up at Pietro, the male twin already looking down at her. She was scared, scared of what's to come.

"If we're wrong about you, if you are the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" The Android looked at each one of the heroes. "I don't want to kill Ultron, he's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll onto the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built; every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now, and not one of us can do it without the others," he looked at himself again. "Maybe I am a monster, I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you'd intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

In one swift movement, the Android had picked up and handed Thor's Mjölner to him. Thor looked at the team, slightly flustered, but did not comment. The team mimicked the God's expression. Thor gripped his hammer before walking.

"Alright," he patted Tony on the shoulder. "Well done."

"Three minutes," Steve instructed. "Get what you need."

"Wait!" Victoria stepped forward. The team halted, glancing at the girl, who was smiling sheepishly. "Can I name him?"

"What?"

"If he's gonna be apart of this team, he'll need a name," she sent an unamused glare to her father. "Duh."

"You're acting like he's a new puppy—"

"—Let's call him Vision," she ignored the playboy's comment, but was met with confused glances. "He was a vision, right? Thor's vision, to be exact. Therefore, he shall be called Vision. Alright, you may all carry on with your lives."

Victoria showed Pietro to a room that had extra male clothes, and brought Wanda to her room in the tower. She handed the witch a red jacket, made of leather, before gathering all her arrows that she had stored.

"Do you love him?"

"Sorry?"

Wanda held a complex expression on her face, as though she was trying to figure out the younger girl, "Do you love my brother?"

"I—I don't know. Perhaps," she blushed. "But, Wanda, please stop hating me. All I have ever done is try to help, and for some reason, I feel like I am unwanted by you."

"I don't know you, but I would like to. If you make my brother happy, then it's the least I can do. But if you hurt him, I will ruin you."

"Duly noted," she smiled, heading towards the door with her bag. "Now, let's get to a fight."