epilogue

Pietro Maximoff's proposal to Victoria Barton wasn't the most extravagant one of all. In fact, it was so private that the team didn't know about it, except for Clint and Wanda. She had just turned twenty, Pietro being twenty-two at the time.

Victoria looked down at her ring, the band sucking her into a memory of the day.

***

Pietro glanced at his girl, who had fallen asleep next to him after training. Her eyelashes would tickle his arm every now and again, but he loved the feeling of having her close to him. He played with her hair, a trait he tended to carry out whenever they laid next to each other.

"Who knew we'd end up here?" He chuckled, staring at the blank wall. "When you stabbed my bicep, I thought I would dislike you immediately. But you were continuously on my mind. You were like a dream, prințesa. You are my dream. Jesus, you're beautiful. I'm so in love with every feature of you – from your lips, to your smile, to your hair, to your body, to your soul. Baby girl you're so perfect and I don't know where I'd be without you.

"You're my sassy girl, the one that challenges me to the point of no return, but I'd have it no other way. I love you. I can't wait to marry you, Victoria Selene Barton, so that you may become Victoria Selene Maximoff."

"Did you just ask me to marry you?"

Pietro jumped, glancing down to his girl who had her eyes open and staring at him with an unreadable emotion in them. She had a nervous smile on her face, which caused Pietro to blubber like a stupid fish.

"Uh—You weren't—I guess so—I'm sorry—"

"—Yes."

"What?"

"Do I need to spell it out for you?" She kissed him softly, pulling away shortly after and gazing into his beautiful eyes. "Yes, Pietro Maximoff. I will marry you."

***

Now, as she stood behind the wooden door, with her Maids-of-Honour and siblings before her, she felt no nerves at all. Cooper, Lila and Nathaniel would walk first, as the ring bearer and flower boy and girl.

Her Maids-of-Honour, Natasha and Wanda, stood in their own custom cyan dresses, matching the wedding's theme. The wedding was held on the farm, in the barn that had been made up by her planners and family.

"You ready?" Clint stood beside his daughter, grinning at her.

"I feel like I should be asking you that."

"As ready as I could be, giving my baby off to some punk that I had a grudge against a few years ago."

"I love you, daddy."

"I love you too, Victoria."

The music could be heard from inside the barn, and Victoria smiled widely. Her maids and siblings walked forward, shielding her from view. When they parted, Victoria's eyes met with Pietro's.

His eyes widened as he glanced over his soon-to-be wife and turned away to discretely wipe away a tear. As they made their way down the aisle, Pietro's eyes never left her's.

Handing her over, Clint turned to the speedster, narrowing his eyes, "You may be hell faster than me, but if you hurt her – just remember, I was trained as an assassin and so was her aunt."

Pietro nodded, turning back to his fiancée and kissing her cheek softly.

"Hey! Wait for my go-ahead!"

"Sorry Stark, I couldn't wait." Tony decided to become a priest for the day, as the ceremony would be a small one.

"Alright, I may be a semi-professional at the whole priest thing, but I know these two want to kiss already so I'm gonna skip over the boring stuff. Anyone want to object, that isn't Clint."

His statement caused her father to curse and a laugh to emit from the crowd and the couple.

"No? Good? I skipped over that part in the books anyway. Do you Pietro Whatever-The-Hell-Your-Middle-Name-Is Maximoff, take Victoria Selene Barton to be your wife – for, you know, forever or whatever?"

"I do."

"Alright, this is going well then, folks. Do you Victoria Selene Barton, take Pietro Whatever-The-Hell-his-Middle-Name-Is Maximoff to be your husband – to annoy forever as you do us?"

"I do."

"I believe this is the part where you talk about how much you adore one another, right?" He turned to Cooper before whispering. "What's this part called?"

"The vows?"

"Right! Say your vows, kids."

Pietro started off, "Victoria, you're my world. You have wanted to kill me since day one," the crowd chuckled. "You think I'm kidding? She stabbed me for heaven's sake!"

"In the arm, Pietro. In the arm."

"Still, whatever. I don't want to drag on because I really just want to kiss you. But please know, I will forever thank God that he brought you into my life and that you love me. Please don't leave me for some other punk, because I would die."

"I'm marrying you, you idiot. Pietro, you're amazing and you mean so much to me. I'll be with you for as long as I can, until you grow tired and sick of me and my sass—"

"—Alright, this marriage is doomed then!"

"Tony, shut up," she sent a glare his way. "I love you Pietro, forever and always and never ever forget that."

"Rings?"

Cooper stepped forward, handing the couple their rings. Pietro and Victoria slipped them onto the other's finger.

"Okay," Tony clapped his hands together. "Now you kids can suck each other's faces off!"

Pietro grinned, "Don't need to tell me twice." He kissed her deeply, as the crowd burst into applause.

"You're now married, congrats! Now, let's go drink some vodka!"

That, was a blissful start to a blissful life for Victoria – as an Avenger, as a Barton and as a Maximoff, the wife of a speedster.