Chapter 5: Red

Hey peeps!!! Well i don't have much to say, but I hope you enjoy! Also you know i don't own these characters, i mean other than the pictures and the story i don't own anything!
___________________________________________

Natsu's POV

Red. Blood red. The color was like a curse, but also like a miracle. The red was a sign that i was stronger and keener. But also it meant that i could lose my humanity by making one foolish mistake. I have to be careful.  I have to. The beast in me has already come out I just need to contain and claim it. No problem.

I can smell another Dragon Slayer in the area.  I can tell it's a guy with the smell of ash on his clothes and his being.  Fire magic. But I can also tell that he has light magic too. Then there's another guy. But his is basically the opposite of this other guy. He processes a magic that's foreign. In fact he's using it right now. I can tell he has a extremely dangerous magic. I better be careful with this guy. Then there's a young girl with the Slayer and also another one with the dangerous guy. There's three other girls and another boy who all process strong magic.

"I'm all fired up now!!!! I finally get a good fight!" I yell and sprint faster trying to get that damn hideout. I look around my surroundings and realize i have no idea where I'm going. I grumble in frustration and glare at the incoming building in the distance. It looks like a big black blob in the distance, but judging by the smells coming from it I've found my prey. It also seems to be in a clearing with tall grass and a clear sky. Since my eye sight is much keener i would say it's about a mile away though. 

5 minutes later (I don't really think you guys want to listen to more running:)

I slow down so i come to a complete stop and take in the scenery. Very country looking, other than the big scary mansion looking building it looks completely peaceful.  But it's a little hard to see in the dark like this. I squint my eyes and try to focus on everything. It has to be at least 1 in the morning, so I don't have to worry about any people. My head starts to throb, but just ignore it. The pain intensifies,  i hunch over and cough. I'm very weak in this state. I've been running all day. The pain is making me want to pass out. All the running, no water or food, and no rest yeah definitely not a good combination. Really tells ya that I'm not human doesn't it? My vision starts to go blurry, but i refuse to knock out without Luce safe and protected.

"She needs me. She's waited this long. I can't." I grunt. I wobble to my feet and stand for a few seconds, but I fall back down. Black blotches start to paint my vision and my breathing becomes very heavy.

I'm coming Lucy. Just hang in there. Please... i can do this. I'm stronger than this.  I have to for you.

But against my pleas, everything goes black.

Lucy's POV

The white light envelopes me like a blanket. Soft to the touch, but it's not at all comforting. I know I'm dead. I should welcome it after all that i had to go through, but i don't. For all i know Natsu is still looking for me. I don't want him to be in pain, and it seems I'm always the one who puts him in pain.

I squeeze my eyes blocking the blinding light, and listen to the slow rhythm of my heart beat but- wait why is my heart beating? I'm dead.....my heart shouldn't be beating. I'm dead right? Wait....now that i think about, shouldn't heaven be painless, so why does my body feel like it's being stabbed by a thousand knives. I grunt and try to block the pain to think.

I'm coming Lucy. Just hang in there. Please...i can do this. I'm stronger than this. I have to for you.

I snap my eyes open and try to sit up, but seems that my body is locked to the bottom of me.

"Natsu?!" i shout while my eyes adjust to the brightness.  I look around and see that I'm in some sort of room. It's small and warm. There's a small table in the corner with papers, bowls, and food all over. On the floor clothes and shoes are sprawled about the room, with the walls looking like a basic black. I look at my body and see the bruises and gashes all over still, so it hasn't been long since that room. I look around the room with a gleam of sadness in my eyes. The mess reminds me so much of.......Natsu. My vision starts to go blurry and i don't fight the tears off.

"Why do I have to be so useless? Why do I always depend on Natsu? I'm freaking weak and stupid! All I'm good for is f*cking causing pain and sadness to the ones i love!" I shout.

"Why am I even alive?" I mumble and hiccup. I squeeze my eyes shut again and wish that it would all just go away. I don't want to die, but I don't want to hurt people either. I don't know what to do........

I hear the door creak open and I pretend to be asleep. I try to slow my breathing, but I have a hard time doing that. The person slowly walks over and stops at my bedside. We just sit in silence while i can feel the person staring at me. I'm sure not sure what to do. He or she just stands, staring. It would be very awkward if i wasn't scared out of my mind.

"I know you're awake." A deep, yet young voice says. His voice is new. I haven't heard his so far. I've only heard the other guy's voice. The one that makes me shutter in terror, but this voice is different.

"So can you stop pretending. I won't hurt you......in fact the other guy doesn't mean to hurt you, either. So can you open your eyes and let me explain?" He mumbles. Almost as if he's trying to hide something or..........someone. I slowly open my eyes to show him my brown orbs and raise an eyebrow. He's a darker skinned boy. Looks to be about 18. His head has shaved sides with puffy long hair that sticks up at the top. His hair is a dark brown with it looks like navy blue streaks at the ends. He also has rich chocolate brown eyes, but his are smaller than mine. On his right eye is a long, black and blue snaky hand tattoo. He has a black jacket and dark blue jeans, and on his neck is a black chain with a glowing red gem.

"What's your name and what do you want?" I eye him suspicious.

"I want to help you escape, I feel what my friend is doing is very wrong. It's not his doing. He's under control by something. I'm not exactly sure, but it's almost as if it was born into him. Also my name is.........." He turns and looks to the ground.

"........" He mumbles something, but i don't catch it.

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that." I say, actually wondering if this guy is alright.

....

....

....

....

....

He turns back around and looks up at me.

....

....

....

....

....

He opens his mouth, but then shuts it a pained look in his eyes. Almost as if he hates saying his own name. But then the pain in his eyes leaves and he puts his hood up. His once face being shown is now covered by shadows, only allowing his eyes to show.

....

....

....

....

...

...."It.........it's Midnight."

_______________________________________
Well another chappie done!! I hope you enjoyed it!!! I enjoyed writing it!!! Oh and guess what? That guy in the pic is Midnight! Yay.... yea not that exciting. So hopefully I can get the next chappie in sooner, and I'll see you my peeps!!
1384 words