Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Looking over the supplies.

When we arrive at the cornucopia we look around the remaining supplies. There is a lot left, there is loads of crates and weapons around. I look in the crates until I find one filled with food. As we eat we go back to deciding how we are going to protect the supplies.

"We could pile it up into the cornucopia and two people could guard?" says Marvel.

"But we need everyone out hunting" I say.

We decide to spend the day at the cornucopia, to gather supplies and clean our weapons. Throughout the day Glimmer is constantly getting on my nerves, fake laughing an flirting with Cato.

We each find a backpack and fill it with supplies, such as water, food and medicine. In mine I pack a water bottle, 2 apples, a pack of biscuits, a sleeping bag and a first aid kit. I also pack a few knives.

I practice throwing knives for a bit, and then we have dinner and camp at the cornucopia. We all gather inside the golden cornucopia horn and lay out a few sleeping bags. I take first watch, halfway though the night I wake up Cato, the anthem blares out and the district 8 girl comes up. I take out my sleeping bag and I lie down next to lover boy, then I realise that I completely ignored him yesterday.

When I wake up Cato has set out a breakfast of apples, cheese and bread rolls. I am up before Glimmer, Peeta and Marvel "Morning!" he pipes, he is mocking Indigo's accent. I wake up Glimmer, Peeta and Marvel and we all eat the breakfast that has been laid out.

We all pack away our sleeping bags and put on our backpacks. We head over to the lake and fill up our water bottles. We decide to go and hunt today since we are well rested.

"What about the supplies?" says Peeta.

"We will figure out a plan later and besides no one is brave enough to risk taking them" says Cato.

We run into the woods and go over who is left to kill.

"There is the boy from 3, the girl who looks like a fox from 5, the boy from 10, both from 11 and Katniss" I say.

"Well I want our next target to be Katniss, lover boy where would she be?" says Cato.

"Well.....she is good at setting snares so we should look for some" he stutters.

"Ok everyone look out for them" says Cato. We start to walk again and for some reason I can't seem to trust Peeta.