Chapter 9

Author's note:

Hey everyone if you like one direction then go and check out a fanfiction called 'tattooed heart'

by kisseswithniall :)

-----------------

Chapter 9 : Forest fire

That afternoon when we are filling up our water bottles in the river, I smell smoke.

"Can anyone else smell smoke?" I ask. Then Glimmer notices fire in the distance. "I think they are trying to draw us together, there have been no deaths today" says lover boy.

"It is pushing someone towards us!" I say.

"Let's go to the end of the fire and see if we can find anyone" says Cato.

The smoke is getting thicker and we eventually come to where the fire has ended. We walk down by the river and then Marvel is pointing and shouting at someone, we all look and see girl on fire in the river. We all run towards her, I can tell Cato wants to make the kill by the way he takes the lead.

Glimmer keeps shouting "She's mine, she's mine!" Shut up! I think. She is fast and we chase her until we realise she is climbing up a tree.

Cato starts climbing after her, she is fast though and I can see Cato is struggling. We are all cheering him on, but when he is halfway up his branch snaps and he hits the ground with a loud thump. As I am helping him, Glimmer is positioning her bow, she shoots and misses! Pathetic! I think. Cato takes the bow and shoots but he misses by a few centimetres, which is alright for someone who has always trained with a sword.

"Maybe you should throw the sword!" Teased girl on fire. We are all furious that she has made us look stupid?

"Just wait" says Peeta. We all turn to look at him. "She has to come down sometime, it's that or starve to death" he adds.

"Fine, lets make camp" says Cato. We split up, I go with Marvel and collect wood. We get back and light a fire and then we set out our food for dinner. After we have eaten, I throw some knifes. I target a lizard and a rabbit.

We settle down, Glimmer offers to take first watch. I lie down by Peeta and put my hand in my knife, just in case. I wake up during the night and I sit up, then I see Glimmer sleeping in Cato's arms!!!!

I am so angry and I am now considering killing Glimmer whilst she is asleep. I stop myself, because I suppose she could be useful for getting sponsors. Too tired to care I fall back asleep knowing no one is on watch.