Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Mutations

"Why is it getting so dark?" I ask.
"Don't know" says Cato. SNAP! We hear a branch snap. We spin around, but we don't see anything. "Let's get out of here!" I whisper.

I grab a knife and Cato positions his sword but we still can't see anything. The sky has gone completely dark now. "let's go to the cornucopia" I say.

Just as we are about to go a giant wolf mutt jumps out on to me. It scratches me a couple of times with its razor sharp claws, until Cato kills it. "RUN!!!" I scream. We both head towards the cornucopia, even though it's ages away. I quickly turn around and see there are about 5 chasing us. We run for another 10 minutes and I'm starting to get a really bad cramp.

We eventually make it to the cornucopia, we climb on top and try to catch our breath. The wolf mutts look like they can jump high, I throw 3 knives which kills only one of them. Blood is trickling down my leg, from where I was scratched. "You ok?" asks Cato.
"Yes, let's just finish this thing!" I shout. "Get down!" hisses Cato. I'm confused until I see lover boy and Katniss running towards the cornucopia, with 3 mutts chasing them. I look down and see one mutt who has green eyes...... and golden blonde hair, it has a number 1 collar.
"It's Glimmer!" I shout.
"It's all the dead tributes!" shouts Cato.

Katniss throws her bow up and then climbs up, then she helps lover boy up. I run up behind her and grab all her arrows from her back. "No!" she cries. I throw them into the mutts, so she can't get them. She comes iver to me and tries to push me over, she is alot taller than me but I still manage to push her down. Then suddenly Peeta comes up behind me, he grabs me and puts me in a headlock and I'm barely able to breath.