Chapter 12

Chapter 12: The regret

"What the hell!!!!" he shouts. He eyes are filled with anger and upset. "I.....I just.." I stutter.
"Sorry we just got carried away!" says Marvel. Cato goes over to punch Marvel. I stop him by jumping in front and I get the full force of the hit.

I put my hand to my nose, it's bleeding badly. "Clove how could you!!!" shouts Cato. "I just wanted to make you jealous since you were more interested in Glimmer than me!!" I scream.
Marvel helps me up and washes my face in the river. "I just got carried away and I'm sorry Cato!" I cry. Cato comes to try and help me. "Get away from me, you have done enough damage!" I scream.

Cato walks back to camp. Me and Marvel follow him. "I'm sorry I used you" I say to Marvel.
"It's okay, so you and Cato then..." he says. "Oh as you can see it's complicated" I say.
"Oh ok" he replies.

We walk over to camp and have dinner, the boy from district 3 doesn't say a word. Cato takes watch for the night. I can't sleep so eventually I sit next to Cato. "Sorry I punched you" he says.
"No I'm sorry I kissed Marvel, it was wrong" I say.
"Clove you know I will always love you and no one else" says Cato.
"It didn't seem like it when you went off with Glimmer!" I snarl.
"That ring...." he trails off. The ring that I have completely forgotten about. "That ring was an engagement ring...." he says. What I am hearing right Cato wants to marry me?

"What really?" I say.
"Of course, though we both won't get out of here, I just wanted to let you know how much I love you" he says.
I lean over and kiss him. "I love you too!" I say.