Chapter 13

Chapter 13: The explosion

When I wake up I see Cato has laid out breakfast. We decide to relax today since we haven't had the chance since we have been in the arena. After breakfast we refill our backpacks and then we just sit down and relax.

After an hour of just sitting around, Marvel notices smoke coming from in the woods. "Hey guys look!" shouts Marvel.
"You stay guard" says Cato to the boy. He tosses him a spear and then we sprint off into the woods and head towards the fire.

When we get there we find no one, just a huge pile of wood and burning leaves. "Great, it's a trick!" I say. Then we spot more smoke about 60 meters away. "Let's go!" I say. When we get there we find no one again. "I'm going to set up a net trap just in case the person comes back" says Marvel.
He walks off and then Cato says "Katniss must have set up the fire".

"It could of been anyone" I say. Marvel returns and as we walk back we hear a huge bang and black smoke is filling the air. The ground beneath us rumbles slightly "The supplies!!!" I yell. We run back to camp, and find ashes and burned supplies. I have never seen Cato so angry, he is smashing the ground with his fists.

Before I know it, Cato is running towards the district 3 boy and he twists his neck and lands on the ground in a heap. The cannon fires, we calm Cato down by saying how the bomber is probably dead. We storm off to the lake so they can collect the body. Just then we hear a child scream Katniss' name. "My trap!" says Marvel.
"Ok, go we will stay here" says Cato.

We watch as marvel runs off. Around 5 minutes later we hear 2 cannons. "Marvel!" I yell. We run off towards where Marvel went, we stumble through the woods. We find Rue covered in flowers and Marvel near her with an arrow in his chest. "Girl on fire" I say quietly. My eyes start to fill with tears when I look at Rue who was to young and gentle.
"Let's go back" says Cato.
We walk away and then the hovercraft takes both bodies and disappears.

Authors note:
Sorry about all the short chapters but I hope you still enjoy the story :)

Vote-Read-Comment ;)

-Aimeexoxo