Chapter 11

Chapter 11: The Kiss

We all get to work, me and Cato stack up the supplies and Marvel collects dinner and refills our backpacks. The boy who is called Kyle, digs up the mines and starts to rebury them around the pyramid of supplies. After dinner we decide to hunt, we leave the district 3 boy to guard.

As we are walking I can't help not trusting the district 3 boy "I don't trust him'' I say.

"I do he can't leave he will have a better chance of surviving when he is with us" says Cato. After an hour we find a recently put out fire, and follow the footprints in the mud. We find the boy from district 10, sitting by the river. "He is all yours Clove" whispers Cato. I sneak up behind him and throw 2 knives in his back. I pull one out and stab him in the heart.

After the cannon fires Marvel says "Good job Clove!" As Cato goes off to gather wood, I think about Glimmer on his arm and I want to get revenge. "Marvel you are so good at throwing spears, can you teach me?" I say sweetly. "Sure" he says. He hands me a spear and with a knife he draws a

target on a tree.

I throw it but miss, then Marvel comes over and puts his arms around my waist, to help me position myself. I throw 3 more and hit it on target every time. "Thanks" I say. I turn around and look into his amazing green eyes. Then I'm leaning in to kiss him! What am I doing? I think. Clove stop you love Cato! I think. Then I think back to Glimmer sleeping on Cato's arm and I kiss him. I drop the spear and pull away, but I end up kissing him again. We stop and we see that Cato has come back.