Goodnight, Love you! Black*Star x Tsubaki

Hey guys! This'll be my first time writing an AU (alternate universe) Soul Eater fanfic! Let me know how you like it!
This will also be my first time doing a Tsubaki x Black*Star one shot as well!

---

Tsubaki was up late; it was almost two in the morning. She was sitting in her bed with her laptop typing away her report.

When it comes to college and her studies, Tsubaki tends to stay on top of everything. This week, however, she was sick and had to make up a lot of work. On top that, she really missed her boyfriend, Black*Star.

Black*Star and Tsubaki have been going out for two years already since they were in their third year of high school. They both go to different colleges now, but still do their best to talk at least once a day.

Today, though, Black*Star knew that his girlfriend had a huge report to do, so he said he would just talk to her tomorrow after his basketball practice.

Tsubaki was almost done with her report, and decided to take a quick break. She set her laptop aside and got a snack.

Grabbing her phone, she realized she had a text from Black*Star.

'Hey, are you still awake? You'll be really tired in the morning if you're not sleeping by now!'

Tsubaki smiled at how he can get worried for her, and began to reply.

'Yeah, I'm still awake. I'm almost done with my report too, just taking a break.'

'Oh, okay. Well in that case, can you get on your laptop and Skype with me for a bit?'

Without hesitation, Tsubaki quickly called her boyfriend on Skype, and was glad to see his face pop up on her screen.

"Tsubaki!" Black*Star exclaimed. "How is my girl?"

Tsubaki smiled at her boyfriend. "I'm fine! How are you?"

"You know me, I'm always good! I was bored so I want - woah! Tsubaki, you look exhausted!" He said to her, a worried look on his face.

Tsubaki scratched the back of her head. "Yeah, I am a little bit tired."

Noticing her boyfriend wasn't in his dorm room, she asked him where he was.

"Oh, I'm on a train. I had to work late today." He replied.

They continued to talk for about twenty minutes, catching up for a bit, telling each other about their day.

"Hey, listen Tsubaki I'm gonna let you get back to work so you can rest up soon. My train should be stopping any time soon, so I'm gonna lose wifi connection in a bit."

Tsubaki waved at her laptop, giving her boyfriend a smile. "Okay, bye Black*Star! Love you!"

"Love you too! Take care of yourself, or else I'll have to!" He said waving, before disconnecting the call.

The young girl smiled to herself, grateful that Black*Star was always watching out for her. While he may seem like a reckless, crazy guy, whenever it came to Tsubaki he was always super sweet and caring towards her. Only their best friends knew how he really is with Tsubaki.

Tsubaki decided to finish her report, seeing how she felt a lot better with her talk with her boyfriend.

It was about 3:30 am when she finally finished, disappointed that finishing her report took her longer than she expected. She was tired and sat in bed, and grabbed her phone.

'Are you still awake?' Read a text message from Black*Star from a few minutes ago.

'Yeah, I just finished my report!' she replied.

'Now, what did I say about taking care of yourself? If you don't do it, I will!' Black*Star texted her.

'Well, catch me if you can! You're all the way at your school!' Tsubaki said, giving a little smiley face emoticon at the end.

'Oh yeah? I bet you I can be there faster than lightning!'

Tsubaki smiled and rolled her eyes at her boyfriend while replying.

'Like I said, you're all the way at your school! Good luck trying to take care of me from there!'

Two minutes with no reply, Tsubaki figured that Black*Star fell asleep. She then turned off her lamp and tucked herself into bed.

'Ahh... It feels good to be in bed!' She thought, yawning. 'Tomorrow is Saturday, I can sleep in, I don't have work tomorrow!'

Tsubaki closed her eyes, and was prepared to let sleep take over...

Then someone knocked on the door.

"WHAT IS SOMEBODY DOING AT MY DOOR AT ALMOST FOUR IN THE MORNING?!" She yelled at whoever was at the door.

The person knocked again.

The girl threw her blankets off her body, and trudged to the door, glaring daggers to whoever this person was.

"I swear, there better be a good reason for this! It's almost four i-"

"In the morning? Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm here to take care of you!" Black*Star announced, a huge grin on his face.

Tsubaki stared at her boyfriend, mouth agape.

"I'm gonna kill you!" She growled, dragging Black*Star behind her then shutting the door.

"W-whoa! H-hey, Tsubaki! Take it easy now!" He said, dropping his bag on the floor.

His girlfriend ripped off his jacket, then pushed him into her bed. She then climbed onto his chest, and wrapped the comforter around them.

Black*Star was stunned, not sure what just happened.

"Uh, Tsubaki?"

"Like I said, it's almost four am. I'll kill you in the morning," she replied, snuggling up to her boyfriend's side.

The young boy simply smiled, and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.

"Tomorrow is gonna be a good day! I'll wake up early and cook you breakfast, then take you out shopping! Then I'll-"

"Black*Star?" Tsubaki interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

Black*Star chuckled, then closed his eyes.

"Goodnight, Tsubaki. Love you," he whispered, kissing the top of her head.

Despite making her fall asleep later than she wanted, Tsubaki would rather fall asleep later in her boyfriend's arms.