Protection - Death the Kid x Althea

What's up guys? So I'm gonna be writing a one-shot that was requested to me by a lovely reader! I don't want to throw her username out without permission, but anyways here we go! And pardon me if this story is rough, I haven't written in a week or so!

Althea's POV

Of all places Kid and I had to get stuck on a mission, it just had to be in the Sahara Desert. Why does a Kishin egg have to be here?! Can't they hide out in a nicer place, like Hawaii or something?!

"Are we there yet?" I whined to Kiddo. I looked over at him, and rolled my eyes.

To protect my skin from the sun, I had to wear a long cape sort of thing with a hat, and Liz was nice enough to let me borrow hers. Kid, however...

As a shinigami, his skin doesn't get burned. But this guy is over here in his all black robe with a mask that looks like his father's.

"So why do you wear that thing when it's burning hot outside?!" I ask frustratingly. Just looking at him made me hot!

Well, besides the fact that I have the hots for him...

"To set the mood," he replied simply. "And it covers my asymmetrical hair!"

I let out a sigh, not surprised by Kid's answer.

"Besides, you've got to admit - I look good in it!" Kid said with a smirk.

I couldn't help but smile as I rolled my eyes at the (cute) shinigami. "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say!" I replied as we continued walking. "Anyways, how much longer do we have?"

"Well," He said. "Father said that the Kishin egg we're looking for, Lava Lance, strives off of heat."

I raised my eyebrow and looked at Kid. "Wait, if his name Lava Lance, then why the desert?"

"Father said that he only goes to volcanoes when he gains enough strength. His last fight against a meister and weapon made him really weak, so he went into hiding. Now father wants us to kill him before he gains his power back," Kid explained.

I opened my mouth to say something, when...

---

"Kid!" Althea called out. She heard Kid call her name back, but it was covered by the loud booming sounds.

Up from the ground came a shirtless tanned man with spikey black hair, red eyes. He was clad in black pants and was barefoot, and on his arms were some sort of gauntlets that were blazing red.

"Who dares disturbs Lava Lance?!" His voice boomed out. Lava Lance looked at Althea and Kid, and pointed a finger at them.

"You there!" He yelled. "Do you two dare bother me?"

Kid raised his pistols to the adversary. "Lava Lance, prepare to die today!"

Althea grasped at the scythe resting across her back. "You ready, Misato?"

"Yep!" The weapon replied to its meister.

Althea and Kid split up, Kid riding Beelzebub making his way behind Lava Lance.

Althea tightened her grip as she approached the man, raising her scythe up.

"I'll kill you!" She cried as she swung Misato.

Lance jumped up, dodging Althea's attack and Kid's shots. The two meisters continued to chase him with their weapons, whilst avoiding Lance's attacks.

Lava Lance's attacks were shots of lava from his hands. He was trying to keep his distance from the two meisters, not wanting to get hit.

"Give it up!" He called out as he shot out more lava. "You'll never catch me!"