Finding You - Kid x Reader

Kid's POV

As sick as it is, I have to look forward to my girlfriend-

I mean, ex-girlfriend-

Going MIA.

What kind of guy looks forward to that?

Oh wait.

Me.

It's not like I want her to, I really don't. I just need dad to send me out on that mission to 'save' her.

I walked up the stairs of the academy and every other day I visit my dad to check if she's okay.

It's been a month or so already, and every time I go to him he always tells me she's fine.

Maybe if I knew exactly how long she should be gone, or if I knew she had someone with her, I wouldn't stress as much.

However, this classified mission had an undetermined timeline, and (Y/N) didn't even bring her meister.

Even if she is a great weapon, she's on her own.

"Hello father." I greeted as I took a seat at the large chair and slumped in it. My expression was bored, as I grew tired from the routine of disappointment.

Father turned around rather quickly. "Kid, thank goodness you're here." He blurted.

I immediately sat up straighter. "What?"

"(Y/N) hasn't checked in yet. She was supposed to check in three hours ago." Father explained.

I jumped out of the chair and ran over to the mirror where my father was.

"What? What could possible be taking her so long?"

Father let out a sigh. "I don't know, Kiddo. And even though it's been three hours since her scheduled check in, I cannot let you go yet."

I couldn't help but let out a glare to my father. "Dad," I said.

"Please let me go."

---

It may have taken two more hours of waiting, begging, and a show of desperation, but Father finally let me out.

"Okay Kid." He started as he pulled out a folder onto the table. Inside it was a map of Asia, (Y/N)'s files, and some information about the mission.

"Here," he said, pointing at a certain spot on the map. "Is where (Y/N) was when she last checked in."

"Shanghai?" I asked.

"Yes."

I let out a sigh. "Well, time for me to brush up on my Chinese."

---

"Kid, so what are the details?" Liz asked me as we flew on Beelzebub.

"Well, according to Father, (Y/N) last checked in at a hotel in Shanghai." I explained. "I'm gonna start from the hotel and figure out where I'm gonna go from there."

"You think she's okay?" Patti asked.

I grit my teeth, unable to respond. But I'm sure from my soul wavelength, my weapons can determine how I'm feeling.

---

I stepped into the hotel (Y/N) was last heard from and walked up to the front desk.

"你好!" (Hello!) Greeted the elderly woman at the desk. I replied with the same greeting before pulling out a folder and opening it, revealing it's contents.

"你能听懂英语?" (Can you understand English?) I said, kind of sloppily. I haven't spoken Chinese in a while, so I was hoping I was able to get my point across.

"一点点," (a little bit,) she replied. "How can I help you?" She asked in her accented English.

I let out a quick sigh in relief, glad that I don't have to speak as much Chinese.

"Have you seen this girl?" I ask, holding up (Y/N)'s picture with her name on the bottom. "Records shows that she was staying at this hotel."

The woman turned to her computer and typed in her name. "Ah, yes. She was here last night, but she did not check out."

I ran my hand through my hair and rubbed the back of my neck. "Do you have any idea where she might have gone?"

"She did stop by early morning and asked for directions to a certain place." The woman replied.

"Do you have the address?!"

The woman scribbled the address onto a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"This is an abandoned warehouse, I'm not sure why she would go here."

I stared back at the paper before looking back at the woman.

"谢谢你!" (Thank you!) I said as I bowed. The elderly woman waved as I ran out and hopped on Beelzebub.

"Well that went well." I said as I pulled Liz and Patti out of my pockets.

"Hehe! Kid! Your Chinese is funny!" Patti said laughing.

I let out a smirk. "Well when I finally find (Y/N), I'll have her teach me."

"Yes please. I could barely contain my laughter!" Liz said in reply.

'(Y/N), wherever you are. I will find you and make things right.'

And that my lovely readers was part three! I hope you enjoyed, I'm actually enjoying this little mini series!

Feel free to vote and comment if you enjoyed, and add to library if you want to be updated the next time I post a new story!

Love you!

To be completely honest, I'm not too sure how many chapters this mini series will be, but I am really glad that you guys are enjoying it!