The First I Love You - SoMa Week Day 7

"Why do you have to do this?" He asked as he stood in her room, watching her pack.

"We can't be partners anymore," she whispered, but he heard it.

"You're a Death Scythe now, so you really don't need me anyways."

"But just because I'm a Death Scythe doesn't mean we can't be together." Soul said as he walked towards Maka. She kept her back to him, not wanting to face him.

"I know." She replied. "But I still have to go."

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Soul spun Maka around and made her face him. His hands were on both sides of her, and he looked her in the eyes.

"There's something else you're not telling me." He growled. "I'm not letting you leave."

Tears began to form in Maka's eyes as she stared at the boy.

"I'm sorry," she said, turning around to finish packing.

"Damn it, Maka! Just tell me what's wrong!" He demanded. Soul couldn't understand why she was acing this way.

Zipping up her back, Maka picked it up and slipped past Soul, not bothering to look him in the eyes as tears made their way down her cheeks.

"Maka!"

"I'm sorry, Soul!" She yelled as she ran out the apartment.

---

Soul knew he couldn't go running after her, not knowing where she was headed. He can't just run around aimlessly.

So instead, he looked around the room that belonged to the girl that ran off, hoping to find a clue of where she might have gone.

'She didn't take everything, only the necessities,' he thought to himself. 'I've got to find something.'

After a few minutes of looking around, he found his clue. On the side of Maka's desk was a trash can, and in it was a folder.

'This is an online receipt for a ticket,' he noted as he looked through the folder. 'A ticket to Italy?'

On the other side of the folder was another receipt for a hotel.

'So that's where she's staying...' Soul made a dash to the door, grabbing his jacket.

---

Maka hopped off the plane and grabbed a taxi and told the address of the hotel. Once she got there, she walked up to the front desk to check in.

"Ah yes, Ms. Albarn." The receptionist said. "You will be in room 742, here's your key."

Maka accepted the room key and before she could thank the woman, the receptionist added another note.

"It's a good thing your boyfriend called ahead of time, we were able to place you two in a larger room just in time for your arrival."

Maka's eyes widened. "My... My boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yes, the young white-haired fellow. He's already checked in." The woman said.

'Fuck, Soul's here?!' Maka thought to herself. She muttered a quick thank you to the receptionist and made her way to the elevator.

"What the hell is he doing here?!"

---

"So I beat you to it," Soul taunted with a grin as he opened the door.

"You know, flights that have no stops in between will get there faster." He said as the meister threw her bag on the bed.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She asked glaring at the boy. "Why did you follow me? How did you even know where I was going?"

"You left that folder with the receipts in your trash can, you idiot!" Soul said, his grin turning into a frown. Maka was surprised, then blushed.

"I guess I should have gotten rid of that properly." She muttered to herself on the side.

"Yeah definitely. Now," he said, approaching the girl. He pushed her back onto the bed and climbed on top of her. His hands were on both sides of her head, trapping her.

"Why. The hell. Did you leave?" He growled.

"I-I..." She stuttered, red in the face. "I had to go! We-we can't be partners anymore!"

"You're a Death Scythe now! You don't-"

"Enough with that bullshit, Maka! I can feel your wavelength, you're lying to me!" Soul yelled. He was tired of her beating around the bush.

He inched his face closer to Maka's.

"Why did you leave me?" He asked in a sad voice. Maka looked at Soul, a look of consternation on her face. He's sad?

Unsure what to say, she stayed quiet as Soul continued.

"You have no idea how I felt when I watched you run out on me. No explanation, not even a goodbye. Just an apology as you ran out the door." His eyes faltered.

"Soul, I..." Maka started. "I can't be your meister anymore. If I keep going on like this, our wavelengths will get messed up."

The weapon sat up a bit on the bed, and Maka was able to sit on her knees.

"What do you mean?" He asked in a horse voice.

Maka looked down and sighed. "Soul, I..."

"I fell in love with you."

---

Soul couldn't believe his ears. She loves him?!

"I fell in love with you." Maka repeated. "It happened a long time ago, actually. A bit after you got your scar."

"I hid it as long as I could, but as time went on, it got stronger. If I stayed, I knew you'd figure it out from our wavelengths. I didn't mean to hurt-"

Without saying anything, Soul interrupted Maka and pressed his lips to hers. He kissed her hard, his hand on the back of her head.

Maka looked at Soul with wide eyes, shocked from his actions. A few seconds of realization later, she closed her eyes and kissed him back. Her arms wrapped around his neck as his other arm snakes around her waist.

Soul pushed her down on the bed without breaking the kiss. He had so much time to make up for.

---

After the very heated make-out session, Maka sat in between Soul's legs and rested her head against his chest. His chin was on the crown of her head as his hands were securely around her waist.

"I love you." Maka said, looking up to him. "I was just so scared to tell you."

Soul smiled at the girl in his arms, and kissed her forehead before tightening his arms around her.

"I love you too." He confessed.

"I was actually planning on telling you sooner," he admitted, a blush on his face. "I had planned a dinner and everything."

"But Italy and a hotel room is nice." Maka said with a smile.

Soul rested his chin on her shoulder, pecking her on the cheek.

"Just as long as I'm with you. I love you, Maka Albarn."

Maka smiled, snuggling into Soul's chest. She closed her eyes, tired from her trip and the events that just recently occurred.

"I love you too, Soul Eater Evans."

SoMa week is now over! Noooo! I actually surprised myself that I stuck with it. I'm actually surprised I stayed on top of it as much as I did, even if I was behind by a day or so.

Well, now I'm back to writing normally again! I actually have a few suggestions from you guys, so I'll hop on that as soon as I can! Thanks for sticking with me during SoMa week! Hopefully there'll be another SoMa week next year! Love you guys!