Wounds - SoMa Week Day 5

Soul was sleeping on the couch shirtless in the living room when Maka walked in. She laughed a bit when she saw this, knowing how tired he was from their mission today.

The meister walked over and sat down next to her partner, careful not to wake him up. She stared at her partner, her eyes wandering all over him.

His hair was tousled and messed up, his headband scattered across the table. His shirt was in his lap, his jeans were dirty, and the boy actually fell asleep with his shoes on.

Maka's eyes fell upon Soul's chest, and she couldn't help but stare at his scar that ran across his chest. She let out a sigh, remembering the day he got it all those years ago.

Deciding to wake him up, Maka decided to bring her book down on Soul's head.

The scythe jolted awake, then looked at his meister with an annoyed look.

"What the hell was that for?!" He asked with a glare.

"You'll hurt your back if you sleep on the couch. Go to bed already." Maka said with a stoic voice.

Soul listened to her and got up and made his way towards his room. Before entering, he took a glance at the girl who stayed on the couch.

With a questioning look, he asked her what was wrong. Without saying anything, Maka got up and approached Soul, her eyes on his scar.

Once she got close enough, she laid her hand softly on his chest in the middle of the mark. Soul felt her wavelength, and knew how she felt about this scar.

He let out a sigh before speaking. "I don't regret this scar, Maka." He whispered, covering her hand with his. His large hand felt warm against her cold ones.

"But you got hurt because of me," she whispered.

"I don't care. I protected you. That's all that matters to me." Soul replied.

"Soul, that weapons would die for their meisters crap means nothing to me." Maka told him.

Soul blinked at the girl, and using his free hand, cupped her chin gently between his fingers and tilted her head up. She looked up to him with wide eyes before he spoke.

"While I as a weapon would be willing to put my life on the line for meister," he stated, leaning his forehead against hers, looking into her eyes.

"I will always protect the one I love."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

So I noticed that I recently gained approximately 1K reads! Thank you guys so much! It's crazy that I started not too long ago (about a month I think?) and all you guys enjoy and read my stories! Thank you so much!