3: Reunited

Sakura woke up in the morning when she felt her parents' bed shifting as they were getting off silently, trying not to wake her up. Sakura glanced around warily before settling down when she recalled the previous day's turn of events.

The pink-haired girl sat up on the bed, rubbing her eyes as she yawned out, "Good mornin'... mom... dad...."

Sakura's mother, Mebuki Haruno, almost squealed at how adorable her daughter was.

She settled for ruffling the girl's hair while greeting her as well, "Good morning, sweetie."

"Morning, sweetheart. Why don't you go back to sleep? We are going out. Izumi-san from next door will be looking out for you," her father, Kizashi Haruno, suggested before informing her.

Sakura just nodded tiredly before flopping back down onto the large bed.

In the meantime, Sasuke was woken up by Itachi in a similar fashion as he had tried to get up to go to his team without waking his brother up. Itachi officially gained the title of chūnin a while back and thus had to manage his own team on missions (he is also in ANBU, not that Sasuke knew that).

"Mornin', 'Tachi-nii," Sasuke mumbled, still slightly tired from having been in the war.

"Good morning, Sasu-chan. Did you sleep well?" Itachi replied warmly, before asking.

Seeing Sasuke nod sleepily, Itachi smiled.

"Would you like tomato omelette for breakfast?" Itachi asked the younger Uchiha.

Hearing the word "tomato" made Sasuke perk up immediately. He nodded his head vigorously before running to his own room to get changed out of his favourite pyjamas (that obviously had tomato prints).

When Sasuke was done, he hopped down the stairs like the kid he was supposed to be, thinking to himself, Maybe I can just act like a kid for once and relax...

As Sasuke entered the kitchen, he was greeted by the sweet scent of tomato and egg. The scent made him drool slightly as he thought about eating his aniki's delicious cooking.

"Here you go," Uchiha Itachi addressed his younger brother as he placed a plate of piping hot tomato omelette on the table at Sasuke's usual seat.

Sasuke thanked his older brother before quietly saying "Itadakimasu" and started digging into his meal.

"What do you think?" Itachi asked Sasuke smiling at him softly as he settled down on the seat beside Sasuke's and also starting to eat his breakfast.

"It's good..." came the muffled voice of Sasuke as he felt his eyes begin to water.

"That's good," replied Itachi cheerily.

In the meantime, Naruto was still sleeping on a large branch on a tree in the famed Forest of Death. He does not notice that he was in the part of the woods that belonged to the snake mistress, Mitarashi Anko, a young lady in her teens who is notorious in Konoha's Torture & Interrogation Force for her ingenious techniques to break any enemy nin she gets her hands on.

Anko was making her way to her favourite training spot in the Forest of Death when she noticed the boy sleeping on a tree.

"Hey, brat. You know that this is the Forest of Death, right? It's dangerous for good little kids like you to be here. Run along to your mama and papa now, " Anko said creepily while prodding at the child's side with a twig.

Naruto groaned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes as his vision cleared.

"I don't have parents," Naruto muttered as Anko took a closer look at the boy in front of her.