14: King of Pranks

Naruto hummed as he carefully set up the final preparations.

While his blood clone was openly painting the Hokage Monument carved onto the mountain which overlooked Konoha (that was one of his most iconic pranks during the previous timeline according to Sakura), he was going around in a rather upbeat manner. He was fully prepared to unleash the greatest of his pranks upon the village. While the shadow clone attracted the attention of his chūnin academy instructor Umino Iruka, he went around setting up various pranks all over the village. He had worked on every single compound and every single district, determined to not let anyone miss out on the fun. Most of his preparations had been completed for quite some time already. It was just that he had yet to activate them.

Fūinjutsu was most useful in such times, Naruto thought with a snicker.

He placed the finishing touches on the series of seals that he had scribbled on the side of the ANBU headquarters and grinned. This way, the array would vanish as soon as he activated the seals. No one would know how he pulled it off. Not even Sakura or Sasuke. They can guess all they want and make all sorts of hypotheses, but they would never know just how he had gotten the timing down so flawlessly.

With an evil cackle, he flashed away with a effortless hiraishin as he reappeared in a tiny hut in the outskirts of the village that he had prepared as a hideout to ride out the storm in advance. He smirked when he noticed (thanks to the alert from his clone) that Iruka had, at last, discovered his vandalism on the faces of the previous Hokage in broad daylight. It was more shocking that no one had seen it earlier, but that was not the point. As though this was a signal, people from all corners of the village finally started to see the doodles that had been done on the famous monument.

Naruto took this as his cue and pressed a finger against the stone tile which functioned as the heart of the array of his hiding spot, activating the arrays which would conceal his existence beneath the collapsed and dilapidated hut. It was an array he had previously designed specifically for hiding things and now he used it to hide himself. That way, not even Sasuke will see him inside if he were to stand right in front of Naruto's hiding spot.

At the same time, he channelled chakra into a talisman in his hand.

Pranks all over the village of Konohagakure all activated simultaneously at this cue.

Over the Inuzuka compound, floral-scented and pink paint suddenly started to rain down. Even the members of the clan that were not within their clan compound were afflicted by this. The dogs each received yellow spots as well and whimpered pitifully at the sound of the explosion when the paint bombs exploded all at once.

At the Aburame compound, every single clan member suddenly noticed that they were dressed in the most bizarre clothing. Some wore pink tutus, some wore shimmery bridal gowns and veils and others even had clown costumes, complete with a bright red nose and makeup. It caused mass confusion as several Aburame clan members started screaming shrilly and running around in confusion, which would usually be a rare sight. After all, the Aburame clan members tended to remain composed.

The arrogant Uchiha soon discovered that their hair had turned into ducks. Some screamed when they discovered that their precious hair had transformed into large black ducks which flapped around despite being attached to their heads. Some of them had gotten white ducks and even the children were affected. The children had their hair turn into adorable yellow ducklings. All of a sudden, the usually quiet Uchiha compound fell into a frenzy as cacophonous quacking noises erupted from all over. In the confusion, only Sasuke (who had been affected just as the rest of his clansmen had been and shared in their misery) face-palmed, immediately realising the culprit as well as the source of the idea of this prank (he was the butt of the joke, after all).