11: An Unusual Encounter

"Help me, dammit!" a frustrated growl rang out in the dark cavern, the feminine voice echoing eerily.

"I'm no medical ninjutsu expert, Sakura!" came the annoyed response from the other end of the cave system.

"I call bull!" another voice, male, called back.

"Exactly. Now stop whining and come here. This whole mess of a plan was your idea, anyway," the female was revealed to be Sakura as she walked out of one of the caves there.

"But-" Naruto tried to protest, only to be cut off.

"No buts!" Sakura said sternly, snatching the scroll from Naruto and dragging him off by the scruff of his neck.

"Fūinjutsu is a delicate process!" Naruto scolded, "You cannot just interrupt someone while they are doing it."

"You're not the average fūinjutsu specialist. Unlike most, you can pick up where you left off easily. You aren't let off the hook so easily, Hokage-sama," Sakura snorted.

"You can't just expect me to know all! I can't be the best in everything," Naruto whined.

"Two brains are better than one," Sakura admonished, letting go as she arrived in the laboratory.

Naruto sighed, asking, "What is it this time? If you want more supplies, use those seals I made. You told me that they worked perfectly, but you still come to me for supplies for no reason."

"It's not that! Just look and you'll know," Sakura grumbled, pointing at a tank.

Naruto turned to face where Sakura was pointing, only to begin snickering under his breath at the sight.

"How did this happen?" Naruto snorted, pointing a trembling finger at the tank.

A small lump of vaguely human-shaped tissue was suspended in the greenish fluid, floating within like a strange meaty reddish doll. It was smaller than Naruto's palm, the volume of flesh being around that of the size of two fingers. It was unevenly shaped, barely having two arms, two legs and one head. The torso was also just an unidentifiable chunk.

"It's not funny," Sakura protested with a scowl.

"But seriously. It's like you tried using animal flesh, multiplying a single cell and shaping it along the way. What in the world?" Naruto said incredulously.

Sakura glared at him, hissing, "Was it wrong to try something else first? Why don't you do it, Mr Totally-an-expert-in-DNA-cloning."

"I think I would," Naruto chuckled, picking up the test tube which contained a sample of DNA collected from an animal.

Naruto extracted the genetic information, displaying it on the large holographic screen like some sort of strange bizarre map. Using the data, he used the flesh tissue which he devolved into simple stem cells that matched that of those from an embryo and inserted the DNA into it. He then laid out seals that caused time to move faster within the boundary of them whilst adding a maturing serum into the greenish fluid which contained the sample.

Within seconds of activating the seals, a young rabbit had been formed. The process of the small lump of tissue transforming into a tiny baby before growing into a young rabbit, unconscious the whole time, was captivating. 

The tiny little creature grew bigger until Naruto abruptly deactivated the seals and drained the green fluid. The green fluid contained oxygen and the necessary nutrients for the stimulated growth of the snow rabbit, which maintained its thick pure white coat the whole time.

Tubes were inserted into the airways of the rabbit, extracting the green fluid that remained and pumping clean air into the newly born mammal. The erratic heartbeat of the small creature showed on the holographic screen, showing that the rabbit was indeed alive. Naruto opened the tank once he had confirmed that the rabbit had begun to breathe normally.