15: True Shinobi Are Stealthy

Well, Naruto knew he was a true shinobi, so he also knew that he was stealthy. Indeed, he was a very sneaky person. No one should, could, he was sure, say otherwise.

At least that was what Naruto told himself as he snuck into Sasuke's home while disguised as Itachi, who was out on a mission.

No, he did not lack confidence in his stealth per se. It was just... he knew Sasuke well enough to know that he was a very light sleeper, after all. It would have been bad if the other boy woke up for his midnight tomato snack only to come face-to-face with Naruto, of all people, lifting his shirt up. That was it.

Naturally, a normal Henge would not work on Sasuke. Honestly, that would not get past any trained shinobi in the first place, much less a dōjutsu user. That was why he was using the very same technique that his original Oiroke no Jutsu had been based on (though before he taught it to Konohamaru in a simplified version with an actual Henge, it had been the sole version). It was invented as a disguise and infiltration tool. Later on, it even developed into the handiest information-gathering one. He had been surprised by how many shinobi turned out to be closet perverts. Presumably, the element of surprise was the biggest factor. Kakashi-sensei, in all his infinite wisdom, had said so.

Still, it was a solid transformation that would not be revealed by any dōjutsu. Not even the Rinnegan -- yes, he had checked. It was only a backup plan, but the confusion would at least buy him time to escape. It ensured that he had the option of leaving the aftermath to the real Itachi.

Honestly, he was a little curious what Sasuke would do if he "learned" that his precious older brother thought of him that way. Perhaps that was a good idea for a future prank. 'Suke was always so uptight about his affection for Itachi before and had always gone on and on ranting about how much he hated him (in his previous life) and how much he respected him now. For all he knew, there might be rather entertaining repercussions.

As long as Sasuke never figured out it was him, at least.

Perhaps really should have convinced the actual legitimate Uchiha Itachi to do this for him. Sasuke would never refuse his aniki anything, even if it was something completely weird. Naruto doubted that Itachi had used his authority for anything strange, though. He was too kind of a person to do something that his brother would be embarrassed about if he looked back upon it in the future...

...and that got him to feel bad about what he was thinking to do.

Naruto sighed.

He silently opened the door of Sasuke's bedroom and walked to the side of Sasuke's bed that was closest to the door. Then, he pulled out the square sheet of parchment where a pre-drawn seal stood out starkly, the black ink contrasting against the white surface of the paper. He had only just lifted the edge of the shirt that his brother in all but blood donned when the raven-haired male stirred in his sleep.

"'Ruto?" Sasuke mumbled blearily as he opened his eyes, only to blink in surprise at what he was seeing.

He glanced down and saw the seal that Naruto immediately tried to hide behind his back.

"Isn't that the solution to immortality that you invented last time?" Sasuke asked quizzically, looking so unaffected by the (former) blond's current appearance that Naruto felt like digging himself a hole to hide in for the rest of his life.

"What are you talking about, my foolish little otōtō?" Naruto tried to bluff, imitating Itachi's voice and tone perfectly.

Sasuke sighed. "I know it's you, Hokage-sama. I do not believe that even my brother can enter my room without alerting me."