We're A Family (Avengers x Reader)

Prompt: You're with the Avengers and drunk which cause things to slip

Warnings: Backstories that a trigger warning

Requested By: No One

===========

It was just supposed to be a little get together in between the missions that you all were given, you were all just supposed have one beer before moving on and collapsing in your bed for a well-deserved night of sleep.

But of course, the plans changed.

It started with Thor bringing his special alcohol for the soldiers/gods to get intoxicated along with you and the rest of the team. Then, Tony started calling for a shots competition which you had to defend your title of champion in that area.

Which you did

Now you all were lazily laying around on the couches with beers, cups of whiskey/scotch, or Asgardian alcohol. Everyone was having little side conversations or staring off into space but you were playing with the edge of your cup, swishing the liquid around and around.

"So...." Clint slurs with a smile. "We all know everyone's past...but your own Y/N/N."

"Yeah? So?" You scoff, a little bit more sober than the rest of them because you honestly knew how to hold your liquor but you also knew how to cheat when needed because someone had to be the adult. 

"Well, shouldn't we get to know you too?" Tony catches on while leaning forward. "I mean, it's only fair."

"Yeah, come on Y/N! How'd you become your beautiful, amazing self?" Bucky compliments.

"It's um, it's a long story." You whisper as tears brim in your eyes, only because of the thought of having to relive things that happened just to tell the tale.

"We have got the time." Pietro nods. "Please, begin."

You purse your lips while trying to swallow the large lump that came into your throat. You suck in a breath and lick your lips while sitting up straight to look at them all. Every one of the members of the Avengers was drunk, drunk beyond belief to a point where you actually believed that they wouldn't remember the stories anyways.

"Alright." You sigh. "Here it goes."

"When I was little, I was in a car accident. One that separated me from my family...but when I woke up, I was met with strangers who claimed to be my family. They said that they were doing me a favor when they experimented on me, they did....horrible things." You shuddered.

"What kind of horrible things?" Steve questions while leaning forward, completely intrigued by your story. 

"Um, torture...and stuff." You shrug while looking down at your hands.

"What kind of 'stuff'?" Clint demands.

"Then, after that I got low." You suck in a breath, completely ignoring Clint's question. "I saw no other way out and I tried to...you know do that but then I was stopped by Hydra. And you all know the story about how I was taken into Hydra...tortured, enslaved, brainwashed."

"Yeah, we know." Wanda slowly replies while blinking a few times. "I think."

"So, what do you think about living here?" Tony demands with a smile. "I bet it's amazing right?"

"I guess." You shrug. "I always feel left out, like that weird second cousin in the back or something. You guys all have these inside jokes and your pasts together and I'm just....here! You're all a family and I'm just..."

"What about-"

"You know what?" I interrupt while standing, trying to hide your shaking and sweating hands. "I think I'm going to bed, it's really late and...uh it's yeah."

"Wait, Y/N!"

You ignore the calls from the Avengers as you speed walk to the elevator and to your floor. You don't let the tears fall down your cheeks until your elevator doors open. Sobs rake your body as you fall to your knees, your hands pulling on your hair as your body shook. 

Soon, you had cried yourself to sleep. Curled up on the living room area of your floor, the carpet underneath you wet because of your tears.

**Time Skip brought to you by Tony trying to become a lawyer for Thor stealing pop tarts**

"Y/N?" A voice shakes you awake, quickly you jump up with a sharp breath but calm down when you see Steve and the other Avengers behind him. "Did you sleep on the floor?"

"Uh....I must've." You sniffle while wiping your nose with the back of your hand and then your eyes to try and stop the fresh tears. "Wh-what're you guys doing down here? Did I miss a meeting or something? Oh god, Fury's going to shoot me!"

"No," Clint slowly shakes his head before offering his hand to you, Steve offering the other. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion before taking their outstretched hands and standing with their help.

"Then what's up?" You demand. 

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Natasha slowly questions.

"A little bit?" You lie while rubbing your head, walking off to the kitchen to pretend to grab aspirin. "Did Tony streak naked again or something?"

"Y/N, you know that your eyebrows twitch when you're lying, right?" Bucky calls from the living room, causing you to freeze half-way in the middle of grabbing a cup from the shelf. 

"I don't know." You finally shrug with your back to them. "I didn't notice."

"Y/N, we all remember." Bruce sighs causing you to hang your head. After a few seconds of silence, you let your head drop onto the counter with a large thump. Someone comes up behind you and wraps their arms around you, pulling you up into a quick hug. 

Soon, the whole team gathers around as tears start streaming down your cheeks. Everyone goes for a large group hug while offering sympathetic comments and back rubs at certain times.

"Y/N, we're a family, okay? Don't you ever forget that and if you ever really need to talk, we're all here." 

====

I ended this early because it made me kinda sad...

If anyone wants me to elaborate or like do another part just hit me up

-Author Out