Finding Out (Steve Rogers x Reader)

Prompt: So this is Part One of the new Steve Rogers Pregnancy series!

Requested By: enswimmer1

Warnings: Probably a swear word or two

Note: If anyone wants to request another character to have a series like this, please PM me and I'll try to make it happen. Thanks!
==========

This wasn't supposed to happen, you and Steve had been careful. It was your first time for heaven sakes! Steve had been worried as it was and now this? You promised him nothing would happen but now it felt like you were just reassuring yourself. 

You couldn't take the pill, it caused problems in your family and probably would've eventually killed you if you had taken it long enough. Not that you told Steve all of that, all he knew was that you couldn't take it and that you never would.

But now you were regretting not taking the pill as you stared at the stick in your hands with the little pink plus sign almost bulging in front of you. You swallowed the lump in your throat and ran a shaky hand through your hair. You had to tell Fury that missions would be a no-go from now on and you knew how that was going to go, you were just nervous about how Steve was going to react.

"Hey, Y/N?" Steve's voice drifts through the bathroom door with a tinge of worry in his tone. "You've been in there for a while, are you alright?"

"Yeah, fine." You quickly state while stuffing the stick into your makeup bag before walking to the door. "I'm great, sorry. Just got a little distracted."

"That's okay. I'm going to take a quick shower and then we can go to breakfast." Steve smiles before kissing your forehead.

"Sounds great." You smile. "I'll meet you in the kitchen, I have to talk to Natasha."

"See you in a little bit then." Steve states before walking into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him after he gave you another smile. Instantly your own smile drops and you quickly rush out of the room and towards the elevator, your brain swirling and rocketing around with worry and panic.

**Time Skip brought to you by Clint switching Thor's pop tarts with sponges**

"Are you positive?" Natasha demands while passing you a cup of water, you nod with a small sigh that escapes your lips. 

"I don't know what to do Nat." You shake your head.

"Well, you called Fury." She shrugs.

"Yeah." You nod. "I get that part, I meant the Steve part." 

"Y/N, I think you should just outright tell him. Keeping this a secret is never good." Natasha shakes her head.

"Keeping what a secret?" Clint demands while walking into the room but immediately stops when his eyes land on you. "You're pregnant?"

"What the fuck, Clint?" You demand.

"My wife had three kids, Y/N." Clint shakes his head and pulls you into a hug. "I know the signs. Congratulations."

"Congratulations for what?" Tony walks into the room with almost everyone, but Steve, behind him.

"Y/N's pregnant," Clint announces.

"Clint!" You hiss.

"What? Oh, sorry." Clint chuckles. "But I knew you weren't going to tell them, so someone had to." 

"Ass." You shake your head. "Now everyone knows I'm pregnant but Steve!"

"Uh, Y/N." Natasha slowly whispers while looking over your shoulder.

"You've got to be shitting me." You state while looking into her eyes, she slowly shakes her head. You bite your lip and turn to look at the Captain himself, his eyes were wide and full of surprise.

"Y/N? Is this true?" Steve whispers.

"Maybe?" You reply. "Depends on how you're going to react."

"I'm happy, if you're happy." Steve replies. 

"Then yeah, I'm pregnant." You whisper. Steve smiles and quickly pulls you into a hug, lifting you off the ground with ease. 

"I'm going to be a father! We're going to be parents!" He cheers as he sets you back down. "Oh, my god, Y/N. We have to call Fury! You can't leave this tower! What if someone tracks us down? Tony, you have to baby proof this whole place!"

"Wow, I thought I was the one with horomones." You joke as Steve continues to bark orders towards the team members who all laugh at your attempt to lighten the mood.