Forgotten P7 (Avengers x Reader)

Prompt: This is a continuation from the previous imagines book (as you can see it's like part 7) so I suggest you read those first.

Requested By: Allieuno128

Warnings: Last Part

Note: If it doesn't fit in context, change a characters name. 

Ex. If sentence is Y/A sits down (say your avenger is steve) and the next sentence is Steve rushes out of the room with an angry expression as you and Y/A stare at him. Change the character to Clint or someone of your choice.

==========

It had been weeks since you last saw Y/A and the Avengers. SHIELD was able to help you gain your memories and you started to go on solo missions again. You ignored the looks Fury sent your way, the 'You should be at the tower and not here' ones. Instead, you stayed with Coulson and his team, you liked the simplicity of it compared to living at the tower.

You heard stories that the Avengers were going through a rocky patch (A/N not Civil War because I can't write twelve different endings lol) and that Y/A had slowly started to distance themselves from the Avengers as a whole. You shake your head and continue to walk towards Fury's office, you had to get him to sign these papers before the government had your neck.

"Look, Fury, maybe we can cut a deal." Tony's voice rings from behind the partially-closed-door. "You give us his/her location and we'll stop arguing for an entire week."

"Damn it, Stark!" Fury shouts. "I am not giving away that information, even if it means that you people will leave me alone." 

"Why?" Clint inquires. "You've already broken so many rules, why not one more?"

"Because." Fury replies as if that would solve everything.

"Please." Y/A whispers, his/her voice cracking slightly. You swallow the lump in your throat. "At least give me a number or something, Fury, I have to talk to him/her. There's so much-"

"I know." Fury interrupts. "I saw what happened between the two of you and I apologize, Y/A/L (Your Avengers Last Name) but Agent Y/L has been through a lot this past year. I'm allowing him/her to have to peace she/he deserves."

"Since when have you been humble?" Natasha scoffs.

"Nat." Steve warns, you peek inside to see him rubbing his temples. 

"Y/N." Coulson whispers, you jump and quickly turn to see him. "Go in there." 

"What?" You whisper.

"They need to see you, they've been her every day." He shakes his head. "Fury has turned them away every time."

"But...I'm not ready to go back." You mumble.

"It's obvious that they have changed." Coulson replies. "Even you can see that."

"Is that a burn towards me?" You inquire. 

"Y/N." Coulson rolls his eyes. You purse your lips and shift the folder in your arm.

"I hate you." You grumble and a smile breaks out onto his face. 

"Good luck." He chuckles as you start to walk forward towards the semi-silent room. You shake your head and shove his door open, keeping your eyes focused on the folder in your arm.

"Look, Fury, I get you're a busy guy and all but the President has been demanding that you sign these papers." You boredly state, ignoring the sudden silence. "Seriously, they're going to wring my neck very soon." 

"Agent Y/L." Fury calmly replies. "You are not a very good liar."

"You are an ass." You quickly quip back as you snap your head to look at him. He just smirks with a small shrug.

"Y/N." Y/A gasps as you slam the folder onto Fury's desk.

"Hello." You mumble while crossing your arms.

"You're okay! You've been here!" He/She shouts and quickly hugs you, you don't make a move to react yet they don't seem to notice. "Please, come back to the tower. I've missed you so damn much." 

"Woah, language." You order. "That profanity isn't needed." 

"She/He's right." Steve comments. A small smile breaks out onto your lips as you look up at Y/A.

"So, you've really missed me that much?" You inquire.

"You heard everything, didn't you?" Y/A questions, their cheeks turning pink slightly. 

"Only every word." You chuckle. 

"Y/N, I love you with every fiber in my body-"

"That's a little cheesy, isn't it?" You interrupt. 

"Not if it's not making you want to come back." He/She replies. 

"I'll come back." You bargain. "If you take me out this Friday....say seven?"

"Deal." Y/A replies with a smile that seemed to brighten the entire room. Okay, so maybe the Avengers weren't so bad after all.

=======

I'm so sorry for this I'm super tired.