Not Today, Then Tomorrow (Scott Lang x Reader)

Prompt: Your life with the infamous Scott Lang

Warnings: I had a bad day today so this will be my emotions. 

*Update* I fixed my mood and the imagine.

A/N: I'm not sorry
=======

You had first met Scott Lang at a meeting that was called to try and bring the Avengers back together after the Civil War. You had been an Avenger since you were young, but had decided to sit the war out and work with SHIELD who had been hiding under the radar when everything occurred. 

He had been the only one to talk to you in the beginning because everyone else was too busy glaring at the other members of the old team. Scott had told you about his life, how he had a daughter waiting at his ex-wife's home and that he was really grateful for the chance to see her again. 

You didn't have the heart to tell him that he wouldn't be able to leave.

You didn't see him for a while after that meeting, probably because of the circumstances. A few weeks had passed, you had been too busy to notice the time fly by. You saw Scott again at night when you were on your way to grab something to eat from the cafeteria...you had forgotten to eat yet again.

Scott was sitting by a window that overlooked the base with tears actually cascading down his cheeks. Obviously someone had finally had the balls to tell him that he couldn't leave the base even if he vouched to be a hero. You swallow the lump in your throat and ignore the grumbling of your stomach. Without a word, you sit down across from him with a small smile. 

"I just want to see her." He whispers without looking away from the window. "They won't let me even call her!"

"I'm sorry." You mumble. "...let me try to help you." 

"Really?" Scott demands. "You don't even know me." 

"I know how you're feeling." You reply while looking down at your hands. "I missed so much in my son's life until he was ripped away from me. I don't want anyone else to experience that." 

Scott takes a deep breath and falls back against the wall, his eyes heavy from the tears that he had been crying for so long. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks." You sigh. "I'll talk to Coulson, see what I can do. If it doesn't happen today, then it will tomorrow." 

With that, you left the man alone to wallow in his pity. You were still hungry and you knew that you wouldn't be able to continue with a conversation if Y/S/N (Your Son's Name) kept being mentioned. 

You didn't see Scott for a while after that because Coulson listened to your pleas and allowed Scott to call his daughter. He was even allowed to leave with supervision sometimes, but the impending threat of Thanos still loomed over everyone. 

You bumped into him again as he was walking back into the base, he had been laughing with a few agents. You had been looking down at a tablet, your eyes heaving with lack of sleep and your stomach grumbling from lack of food. There was just not enough time in the day.

"Woah, Y/N!" Scott chuckles while waving to the group, probably telling them that he'd catch up. "I was actually asking around for you, I wanted to thank you." 

"No problem." You gruff as you try to move past him to go to where you had been planning on.

"Are you okay?" He questions while grabbing your arm, pure worry in his eyes. You open your mouth to reply but slowly close it. 

No one had asked you that yet. Your son was taken and killed right in the beginning of the infamous Civil War, so no one really had time to dwell on it...except you of course. No one asked if you were okay, no one asked if you needed anything, and no one sure as hell gave you the time of day anymore. It was all about the Avengers and mending the bonds.

"I'm fine." Your voice cracks as you turn to look back up at him. Guess you'd have to practice that line a lot more.

"I don't believe you." He replies. "But if you don't want to talk, then just remember this: If things aren't going well today, then they will tomorrow." 

"Thanks, Scott." You awkwardly mumble. "I have to get to the conference room before everyone else does." 

"See you around?" He demands.

"Hopefully." You whisper before turning on your heel to walk down the hall. 

Scott had been MIA in your mind for the next few weeks. Training, conferences, press meetings, and anything else SHIELD could think of to try and bring the team back together, at least in the public's eye. For some reason, you missed having those little conversations with Scott and you missed someone caring about you

Of course, before you could even wrap your mind around your feelings, Thanos decided to make his grand fucking entrance. You barely had time to pack your weapons before you were sent out onto the battle field with SHIELD agents flanking out behind you. 

The battle raged on and you had to watch a lot of your friends die before your eyes. One of the creatures you were now fighting throws you against the brick wall of a building and kills another close friend. With shaking hands, you raise your arm and blast the son of a bitch into oblivion. Your head falls to the ground for a few seconds of rest, that's all you could ask for.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice screams as a person skids to your side. Quickly, before you can say anything that is, the person pulls you up to look in their eyes. "Please don't die!"

"I'm not dead." You grumble. "Though I wish I was." (A/N if that ain't me)

"Oh thank god." Scott whispers while pulling you close to his chest. "I thought that I'd never get to tell you..."

"Tell me what?" You question. 

"That I loved you." He replies.

"What?" You raise your eyebrows in confusion. 

"I have fallen in love with you Y/N Y/M Y/L, I want you to meet my daughter. I want to ask you to marry me in a more romantic way that this." He chuckles. "But I just don't want to risk the chance of losing you." 

"Scott...I-"

"Shh, it's fine if you don't feel the same." He shakes his head. "I just had to get the words-"

You interrupt him by grabbing his suit and smashing your lips onto his own. He instantly recuperates and pulls you as close as you two can. You little moment is short lived though.

"Hey, love birds?" Tony's robotic voice pulls you apart as his suit leans against the wall. Slowly, you both turn to face him. "There's kind of a war going on. You know, big purple dude killing a bunch of people? Maybe save the honeymoon till after?"

"Oh shove it, will you?" You demand as you stand and help Scott too. "I mean, don't get me started with what you and Pepper did-"

"Shut up!" Tony shouts.

"No no." Steve chuckles as he falls into the alleyway. "I really want to hear this."