XXX ✧ Cold

Why is it that I get emotional while writing a story wITH A PLOT LINE THAT CAME OUT OF MY OWN HEAD

WHY MUST MY BRAIN DO THIS TO ME

THE FLUFF

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty

When Avarice finished with sending Kaige off, she felt something happen within her mind.

A dull ache formed, but then it worsened, and then it vanished all within a matter of seconds.

Then it felt like a wave of numbness had begun from the middle of her brain and then went out to hit ricochet off her skull.

Her vision went dark for a split second, but that was enough to make her collapse and fall. She would have hit the ground on her knees if Elijah had not caught her around her waist. His arms were now the only thing holding her up, as she was too weak to even try to stand.

"Avarice?" he asked, his voice frantic.

She heard three different pairs of footsteps as Kol, Klaus, and Rebekah rushed over.

Elijah swept her up in his arms, and set her down on the couch that Kaige had been sitting on only a minute before. She felt a warm hand on her face and knew it was Freya. None of the other Mikaelson's were ever warm. She was disoriented when she did open her eyes, blinking furiously at the harsh light above them.

"She's burning up," Freya said, and her usually calm tone was gone. "She shouldn't have used that much magic, not after what she's been through these past few days."

"I'll... I'll b-be fine," Avarice said, squeezing her eyes shut.

Even though she felt very, very warm, she started to shiver. It ran down her spine in waves, and she did not have the energy to try and stop it.

"Take her to her room," Freya told Elijah. "Stay with her. I'll see if I can find Vanessa. She'll be able to tell me if this has happened before."

"Shouldn't we put her in different clothes?" Rebekah asked.

Elijah picked Avarice up again, and she blacked out a second time. She didn't hear Freya's reply.

When she did become aware of her surroundings again, she was in her room. She was laid on her side on the bed, and Elijah was holding her hand. She realized that her long-sleeved shirt and pants had been removed, and she was now in shorts and a tank-top.

"I'll go find the others," she heard Rebekah say, then heard her door close.

She could feel them all throughout the castle. She had learned to sense the energy of the Mikaelson's. She felt them in the hallways, the library, the study. They were each looking for answers.

Answers to help her.

"Elijah?" Avarice whispered, not willing to keep her eyes open for too long. The light bothered her too much.

"Shh," he said, rubbing circles into the back of her palm. "It will be all right. Go to sleep."

"I c-can't," she said, then began to squirm. She could not control it.