XLVI ✧ 'A'

I referenced PLL without knowing it

I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT SHOW OH MY GOD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty-Six

After Kaige left, Aspin went upstairs to see Freya. She frowned a little at Freya's very concerned expression.

"I assume you saw that?"

She nodded, her jaw clenched. "Why is he here?"

"He had to tell me something," Pin replied, biting at her lower lip.

"You're biting your lip."

Aspin blinked.

"You only do that when you're worried," Freya said, then came over to Aspin and took Pin's hands in hers. "Now tell me, what's wrong? You asked me to trust you. You need to trust me too."

Pin just bit it harder for a moment, then looked down at her feet. "Someone is here protecting your family."

Freya nodded. "Yes."

Pin looked up, her eyes meeting Freya's. "It's Avarice."

Freya's eyes widened. "What? Really? W-Well why hasn't she told us? Why hasn't she gone to see Elijah? You know how much he's missed her-"

"Because she never planned to come back," Pin said. "The only reason she came back to the mortal world in the first place was to eliminate the threats, and then she was going home. When she sent us all here she was never going to follow us. But then the people coming after Klaus just piled up and she stayed. She stayed to help him because that is what she does. She helps the people that she loves."

Aspin had told the Mikaelson's that Marcel was no longer a problem, since Avarice had stolen the power that made him the Beast. There was even a chance that she was the Beast and they just didn't know it. But none of them, not even Aspin, expected it to be Avarice that was so determined to protect them. Aspin had thought she had gone home and was never going to come back.

Luckily for the Mikaelson's, Aspin had been wrong.

"He's been waiting for her for so long," Freya said, looking down at the ground sadly. "He doesn't open up about how he feels... He hides it, but one night he told me that he didn't know how he could live without her. He's lost, Pin."

"Maybe she will make herself known soon..." Pin said, her words trailing off.

Though they both suspected that she would not. At least, not willingly.

Aspin and Freya went to bed, but then Aspin woke up in the middle of the night. It was almost three in the morning when she decided to go downstairs and have a drink, since she unfortunately couldn't get back to sleep.

She heard a rustling in Hope's room, and being the overprotective and very worried person she was, she opened the door to see the child sitting on the floor.

She was colouring something on a paper, and when Aspin came closer, she saw that it was a letter A. She had drawn it out and was colouring it with different designs.