XLI ✧ Darkest Power

So I feel like I should warn you guys that this story is nearing its end

BUT

I came up with another way to kinda continue it on a few more chapters (I originally had it planned to end before chapter 43 but I might be able to keep it going now)

So I hope you guys enjoy the way I continue it :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty-One

Marcel growled once more before Avarice's hand gripped his throat and pinned him against the wall. He hissed at her, but knew that he could not hurt her, so did not even try to fight back.

Marcel Gerard had been a threat to the Mikaelson's before, and now, it was Avarice's plan to make sure that he would never be a threat again.

"Magic gave you your powers now, Marcel," she growled out. "Did you think it couldn't take it away, too?"

His eyes began to widen as he realized what she meant, and they he struggled. He stopped, however, when she placed her other hand on his forehead. A black film seemed to encase her palm, and when she pressed it to his head, she closed her eyes.

Dark veins streaked up to where her palm had been placed, and then he was screaming.

She felt the darkness and power go through him and into her, moving through her veins and under her skin faster than her own blood.

It was gone fairly soon, and then she dropped him.

She leaned back for a moment with her eyes closed. She hadn't felt that much power for a long, long time. Dark energy was pulsing wildly throughout her entire body. It felt like fire had replaced her own skin cells, and yet, she did not shy away from the heat. She embraced it.

Avarice felt the fangs dig into the bottom of her lip, and she felt something new.

She had used so much of her power bringing the Mikaelson's home that this new energy was replacing what she had had before. She was still a reaper, but now, she was something else. She didn't have as much of a reaper's power anymore. It felt like she had a battery inside her soul that needed to recharged.

"Leave the Mikaelson's be," she said with a soft pant. "And I will have no reason to come back here and skin you alive."

She turned on her heel and left, only to be met with Aspin standing outside the elevator.

"Oh, thank god!" she said, then dove forwards and embraced Avarice. Avarice was confused, but hugged her friend back anyway. "We didn't know where you went!"

"I was... Taking care of a loose end."

Pin nodded, and then Avarice suggested they go to the roof.

"Why are we up here?" Pin asked when they got there.

Avarice stood a little further away from her, not looking her in the eyes. Instead, she looked out at the city. The sun was setting, and it caused the sky to turn a mixture of orange and purple. She adored the sunset. It was more dull in the mortal world than it was where she was from, but she liked it.