XXXVII ✧ Adoration

👀 🙈  WHY DO I FIND WRITING THIS KIND OF STUFF SO EMBARRASSING

I WILL FOREVER LOVE HALSEY

LISTEN TO THE SONG BROCHACHOS

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Seven

That following night, Elijah was in the library reading a book of poetry. It took him a long time to realize that he was reading a book of William Blake's work. He flipped through the pages and found "A Poison Tree", and could not help but smile.

His fingers ran over the golden words, and he felt a feeling of content rush over him. He had his brother back, the brother that had sacrificed his life for Elijah's. And it was all thank to Avarice.

"Hey, Elijah?" he heard a familiar female voice say, and looked up to see Pin standing in front of him. He hadn't been paying enough attention to realize that she had come in.

"Yes, Pin?"

"I need to talk to you about... Avarice," she said, and a soft smile came over her face. "You need to know what she did for Hayley today."

When Pin told him that Avarice had nearly killed Marcel, he could only smile the more he read into it. Avarice had protected the mother of his niece, and kept his niece safe as well.

She truly did have a beautiful heart.

Even so, he was concerned. It made him nervous.

*

Elijah knocked on Avarice's door, and she let him in. He came into her room, and she took a seat on the couch in front of the dying fire while he went to stand in front of it. He seemed to be deep in though, so Avarice did not disturb him. Then he leaned down and took a log from the pile near the fireplace, and put it into the flames. It caught fairly quickly, and he watched it for a few more moments before turning his attention to her.

"Avarice, Pin has told us everything you have been doing in the human world," Elijah informed her, moving his hands together and dusting the last of the wood slivers off of his hands. He stood and faced her. "While I do trust you with Hayley and Hope, I most definitely do not trust Marcel Gerard. It would make me far more comfortable if you would stay here."

She almost laughed from her spot on the couch, a smile on her face. "Do you think I cannot take care of myself, Elijah?"

"I know that you can. But surely by now you know that I worry about your well being each time you are not here... With me."

He looked down at the ground for a split second, showing how uncomfortable he was. She didn't know why he was nervous, but when he looked back up at her, he held an expression of determination instead.

She narrowed her eyes at him, the softest of sly smiles coming over her lips. Then, faster than she could see, he was in front of her. He was leaning over, a hand on either side of her head, his fingers digging into the back of the couch. They were both silent, but she could see something dark spark in his eyes.

"You know, Marcellus was afraid of me," she told him, leaning closer. "What do you think of that, Elijah? I scared the man who forced you to come here."

"Darling, if anything, I should be showing him gratitude."

"For?"

He didn't answer.

He leaned down came so close that his breath fanned her face, and then his lips came down onto hers. He was gentle at first, barely even grazing, but then her hand went to rest along his jawline and it unlocked a desire in him that seemed more ferocious than she had ever seen. When she felt his hands move from the back of the couch, she took control. A moment later, he was sitting on the couch with her straddling him. He was surprised, but pleasantly so.

"You know, darling," she said, leaning to whisper in his ear and using his favourite thing to call her against him. "I did not avoid fighting Marcel because I thought I would lose. I did not fight him because I knew I would win."

He went right back to kissing her with as much passion as he had before. If not, more. He loved the power that she had, and he was making it clear.

She unbuttoned the top few buttons of her shirt, and his lips moved from hers and down to the space below her ear. She bit her lip when he sucked softly at the skin, and then felt him move further down. His arms pulled her closer so that her torso was up against his and her back was bent. His left arm curled around her waist while his right went up to rest on her left shoulder, where his fingers played with her shirt collar before suddenly pulling it down.

He held the left side of her shirt collar in his hand, and pulled it down and to the side so far that it exposed the top part of her shoulder. She let out soft groans as his teeth grazed along her shoulder while he sucked at her skin, pleasure rippling through her in shivers. She knew for sure that there would be marks later, though they would heal quickly. He knew exactly what he was doing to her, and he enjoyed it greatly.

His lips moved back to the bottom of her neck, moving up to the bottom of her ear before settling in the middle. She heard his breathing suddenly become faster, and then felt his teeth scrape along her skin once again. She suddenly realized that it was really his fangs, not just his teeth. He wanted to feed, but he was restraining himself.

She bent her head back and to the side ever so slightly, exposing more of her neck to him. She was wordlessly accepting his actions, taking her bottom lip between her teeth. Her eyes closed, and he became aware that she trusted him enough.

He pierced her neck with his teeth, and he somehow managed to make it feel forceful and yet gentle. Perhaps forceful was not the right word. But one thing was clear; she felt as if he were claiming her, and she found herself almost eager for him to do so.

It took a moment before the ecstasy set in. The pleasure was wild, and as he drank from her, it felt as if her blood was alive with pleasure. Her arms went over his shoulders, and while one hand seemed to push him deeper into her neck by moving up the back of his neck - to which he obliged completely - the other scraped at his back. Her nails scratched him, and he let out a low growl before sucking more fiercely and making her moan louder.

She felt him smirk ever so slightly against her skin when she groaned in euphoria.

He removed his fangs from her neck, and when he did, she let out a soft whimper of disapproval. She was not yet satisfied, and from the way that his eyes were still dark and red, she knew full well that he was not either.

She slipped his tie from his neck, and he unbuttoned her shirt. She, on the other hand, ripped his open. He was stunned for a moment as the buttons flew around them and fell to the floor, then he wore a smirk.

He decided to take control, and she knew that once again, she did not mind in the least. Her back was laid on the couch and he was on top of her, his hands running up and down her body and his lips sucking at her neck while they began to remove every piece of clothing either of them had.

A fire ignited within her whenever she was with him, and that night, the fire was blazing out of control. For once, she loved being out of control.

She wanted him, needed him, and absolutely adored him. All of which was made clear that very night.