Let's Save Caldera! Part 1

Veronica's POV

Ever since we defeated Seth Harper, everything has been great since then. Ryan and I have been able to spend time together, Nikell and I have been hanging out more often. Spyder and Harris are still the same crazy boys, who I love, and Mark, well he's Mark, what else is there to say. Dustin has been getting along great with my friends, him and Mark are like brothers, which doesn't bother Ryan.

Everything is perfect.. except for one thing.

My mother. She has been acting differently, for the past week. She's nicer than usual, and we're not fighting anymore. Out of nowhere, my father left around the same time my mother started to act differently. I knew he was leaving for a trip to Hawaii, but he didn't even acknowledge us, to say goodbye

I was at my house right now, and it was just us two. Nikell was at a sleepover at her friends' house.

I walked down the stairs, dressed and ready to go out, with my friends. It was Saturday, meaning no school.

I eyed my mother closely, and she was in the living room, reading a book.

I tilted my head confused at what she was doing, and strolled down the steps, and stood next to the couch.

She glanced at me, then gave her full attention to me. I gave her an awkward smile, not knowing what to say.

"What's up sweetie?" She asked, kindly, putting her book down.

I breathed out, and spoke my mind. "Okay, what is up with you?"

She scrunched up her face, confused. "What do you mean?"

"This!" I gestured to herself. "You acting differently, the sweet talk, not fighting with me. Everything okay with you?"

She blinked a few times, then chuckled. "Honey, I'm fine, but you won't be." A sudden glare and her voice got deeper.

I stepped back, startled by her mood change.

"What is going on? Who are you?!" I demanded, giving her a dirty look.

"That's not important, Veronica Caldera."

I soften up, when she said my name.

"How did you-" I got cut off when she shot some sort of black power at me, which made me fly back into the wall, and I feel on my side, roughly. All the objects fell off the wall and shattered as they made contact with the ground. I groaned in pain and fell unconscious.

---

It was so warm where I was. The atmosphere felt different. I flickered my eyes open and was able to spot molten rock around me. I coughed and slowly sat up. I looked down and saw I was laying on orangish redish rock.

Where am I? And why is it so hot? This temperature and atmosphere feels familiar, but at the same time not.

"Welcome home, Veronica." A voice that sounded like the woman who shot me with her mysterious power. I just noticed that I was in my alien form.

I stood up, and searched my surroundings, alarmed.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked the woman, in a serious voice.

"Don't you recognize you're home? You're on Caldera." She replied, and I was shocked.

"I'm back on Caldera? Why'd you bring me here?" I asked her, crossing my arms.

I can't believe I'm back on my home planet, it looks completely different. I knew it, I was right, things have changed for the worse.

"Caldera has changed, the Zontreians have taken over Caldera, and we need you to stop them. You're the only one who can stop Zurton." The woman informed me, calming down.