Versus the Dark Night

Veronica's POV

I super sped Mark and I over to Mech-X5 once Ryan arrived to Bay City.

We entered the robot and walked in, panicking.

"It's crazy out there." I started.

"Any theories?' Ryan asked us.

I shook my head.

"No, Leo's trying to figure it out. One second everything's fine and then next there's some sort weird power surge." Mark explained.

Ryan went into deep thought thinking on who it could be. He thinks it's Grey.

"Do you think it could be-"

"Grey." Ryan finished for me, and I nodded along. "Yeah, maybe."

"Or, okay." Spyder began and we faced him. "It could be a squirrel. They nibble on a few power lines.. and BOOM!" I got startled by Spyder's outburst. It's a blackout."

I rolled my eyes, "That's ridiculous. That's very unlikely to happen."

"Actually, Spyder might be right." Harris countered, and I snapped my head towards him. "It might not be Grey."

"Spyder might be right' Spyder began, with a smile. "So, this, um, this is what dignity feels like."

I rubbed my forehead, not believing that Spyder was actually right about something.

"It's okay!" Spyder finished.

Suddenly that whole robot shook and rumbled loudly.

We weren't be attacked, but the city's power was. I watched was the all the power flickered on and off before it went completely dark. Only a few lights were left on.

"That came from the power plant." Harris exclaimed, alarmed.

"The city lost all of its power!" Ryan pointed out.

"No squirrel did this." Spyder growled.

It would be very impressive if a squirrel did this.

We went over to Harris's desk because he was scanning the city on his computer.

"I'm scanning the city for power fluctuations. It looks like all the buildings that have power are running off generators." Harris informed, and turned in his chair to check something else. "Hold on. I'm picking up a strange reading coming at-" I watched the screen zoom in on a certain house. "Veracity's house?"

"That's weird." Harris said.

"What's weird?" Mark asked. "Other then the fact that you're scanning a girl's house."

"And that you apparently know Veracity's address by heart." Ryan continued, scrunching up his face.

"I thought I was the only one who know that, because I'm her sorta cousin." I added, leaning an arm on Ryan's shoulder.

"I scanned every house in the city. Statistically, some of those have to girls' houses." Harris defended.

"Super creepy." Spyder shook his head.

Harris shook his head, before getting back to the subject at head. "Her house has more power than any building in the entire city."

"Okay, then you guys go there and find out why her house have more power. Maybe it can help us find out how to restore power in the city and just in case Grey and Harper are behind this, we need to get the power back on." Ryan explained, looking at Mark and I.

"Are you sure sending Harris is a good idea?" Spyder asked our leader. "Since he and Veractiy are a few weapons away from a duel to the death?"

"We're together when we have too. We're frenemies. You guys get that!" Harris defended.