Versus Miami

Veronica's POV

Here we go again. Grey attacking another important facility and we have to stop her shenanigans.

Ryan was already there and Leo and Seth were trying to fix the X-Weapon with Mark assisting them. Spyder, Harris, Veracity, and I quickly sprinting into the robot's control panel to get to work. I changed into my alien form and super sped to the exterior of the head.

"Alright, Spyder, Veronica light'em up like a Christmas tree," Ryan ordered us.

I formed two giant energy spheres in my hands and was ready to fire but they burnt out.

"What the heck?" I mumbled and notice that Spyder didn't fire any missiles.

"Spyder? Veronica?" Ryan questioned worriedly.

"All my weapons just went dead," Spyder replied.

"My powers are weakening," I added on bewildered.

I gasped when I saw a claw come towards us. I had no time to warn Ryan and just backflipped out of the way. I didn't think this out and just fell to the ground.

I felt a hand grab me and I was relieved when it was the robot.

"Thanks, Ryan." I stood up unharmed.

I hope the X-Weapon is getting fixed and Leo and Seth aren't arguing. Moments later Mark informed us that they are trying to claw each other's eyes out.

I super sped back up to the head and right then monster lifted up Mech-X5 into the air.

"This is gonna be a very short fight," Ryan commented.

Right on cue, the monster threw punches right and left and we were vulnerable at this moment. My powers are weak and the robot is not at its full power. Grey threw us to the ground. Thankfully none of us got seriously injured from this fight.

"What happened?" Harri asked.

"Are we dead?" Spyder asked frightened. "And the after-life looks just like normal life? What if I've been down for years and just didn't know it."

"No, it just left. It didn't care about us." Ryan told us and then Grey smashed a hole in the facility before leaving.

I super sped back inside the robot.

"Why would it just stomp on the 3rd best research institution in the Bay City Area and leave," Harris asked.

----

We went down to see the others to find out what was happening. What we found was what I had expected, fighting between Seth and Leo.

Veracity and Mark had to break them up.

"GUYS! GUYS! Leo, what happened?" Ryan asked, getting their attention. "The robot just stopped moving."

"These goggles are sweet." Leo pointed to his goggles.

"Ehh." Seth shrugged. I agree.

"Second of all, when the robot got put back together 'somebody' whose name begins with an 'h' didn't use the right wiring protocol." Leo continued nodding his head toward Harper.

'Yeah, Harris!" Seth glared at Harris who was unamused.

"Seriously?" Harris said.

"Guys can you just figure it out? Before Traeger throws another monster at us?" Ryan asked. "Please?"

Leo gave in. "Fine, fine."

"Okay, shake hands," Ryan told them.

Seth didn't want to and Leo didn't want to.