Versus Harper's Ghost

Veronica's POV

"You know Veronica, I find it very intriguing that an alien can survive in Earth's atompsphere" Seth decided to strike up a conversation, I wasn't interested in.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want, Harper?"

"How about we make a deal?" He suggested, leaning on the table.

"I don't want to make any deals with you." I snarled, pointing at him.

"We can get out of here you agree to the deal." Harper reasoned.

My ears perked up, "I'm listening."

"Alright, I can contact Ryan with this." Harper showed me the white device.

"You can? Can you contact him now?" I was suddenly interested in what he has to offer.

He breathed in sharply, which made me frown. "Unfortunately, I can only contact him if he has this thing called a NeruoSplicer."

"Yeah, I know what that is." I replied, bitterly. "Get to the point, Harper."

I saw him get mad and I sudden felt severe pain in my head.

I yelled in pain and grabbed my head and feeling tears form in my head.

My head felt like it was being stabbed with a knife.

The pain stopped moments later and I was sweating, breathing heavily.

"What was that?!" I exclaimed, alarmed. I slowly lowered my arms.

"Listen, alien freak, you will listen to what I say. I will find a way to contact your "team" and we will escape, but if you disobey me once and give away my plan, I will end you." Seth ordered, getting in my face.

I leaned back, speechless.

I nodded, afraid to talk.

"Good, so when we escape, you won't blab about this to your friends." He finished and stood up, giving me a stern look.

"Yes, Seth." I obeyed, unwillingly.

What is he going to do? I have no idea.

Later, out of no where Seth began to speak to no one.

Huh?

"Hello Ryan." Seth greeted. "Miss me?"

I gasped quietly.

Ryan? He must be talking to Ryan!

"Long story, don't have a lot of time." Seth explained. "I'm kind of in a little bit of a lot of trouble."

"Because your girlfriend and I are being held prisoners by Grey." Seth informed him moments later.

I listened closely to him.

"Calm down, I didn't touch her." Seth smirked at me, and I growled.

"Grey's using me to make monsters and mutate the gel and using Veronica bait." Seth explained. "She's up to something big."

I sneered at the liar that stood before me.

"I mean, hello, why do you think I'be been trying to help you? And honestly, Ryan I don't know what she's gonna do to me or Veronica next."

Moments later he spoke again, "Well, you find me you find Grey, you take her out, then save your girlfriend and boom! You go back to being a regular teenager. Spoiler alert: Prom is super fun. Then I go live on a sandy beach somewhere."

Prom, I completely forget about that.

"Kind of aggressive, but I'll take it. It's better than being her slave." Seth gave in. I wish I could hear what Ryan is saying, it's difficult when you are only hearing one side of a conversation.

"Being held near Colton Ridge, by the storm drain." Harper informed and I perked up at this. "Grey's coming back. Hurry!"

I saw Grey walking towards us, "Get..to..Work!"

Seth got back to working on the red ooze. That red ooze was starting to look good, because I'm so hungry. I haven't eaten in a couple of days and my throat was dry and I was dehydrated.

"That's the last of it." Harper informed Grey, as he squirted the red ooze into the measuring cylinder.

Grey took the cylinder, "This better work."

She walked away without another word.

"Good talk." Seth told himself.

I moved my gaze back to the ground, shutting my eyes.

I'm exhausted, I'm hungry, I'm dehydrated. I slowly felt darkness took over me and passed out.

---

"Veronica? Please wake up, please baby." I fluttered my eyes open and saw a familiar figure in front of me. For a few seconds, it was blurry, but then I was able to see the person clearly. It was Ryan

"Oh thank goodness you're awake." He sighed with relief, closing his eyes for a second.

"Ryan?" I formed a smile and reached over to hug him.

I pulled him in for a hug and he reacted immediately by embracing me in his arms. "I'm so glad you're alright, I was so worried that Grey or Harper hurt you."

I felt safe and sound in Ryan's arms. I hate being a damsel in distress I really do, and it seems like I'm always the one who needs saving. Why do bad things happen to good people.

"I'm fine, don't worry. They didn't do anything to harm me." I assured him, pulling away to view his face. I kept my hands on his shoulders but Ryan kept his arms around my petite frame.

"Good, because I don't what I would've done if I lost you." Ryan gave me a sympathetic smile, before attaching his lips to mine.

I kissed back with passion, feeling my entire body warm up. All of my worries and home sick feeling vanished as we kissed.

We pulled away and gazed into each others eyes. His eyes were my favorite feature of his, his green eyes always sparkled when they find me. It just goes to show that he truly does care about me.

"I love you." I told him, for the first time. I haven't had the courage to tell him that, but know I do. I know for sure that I do love him.

A smile formed on his face, "I love you too," He spoke breathlessly.