Versus The Outbreak

(I will explain why I skipped Versus the Deep after the chapter)

Veronica's POV

"This isn't the end, princess." A voice echoed in my head.

I breathed out, panicking.

"Who-who are you?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"You'll regret what you did." It spoke again.

I was sweating, my mind was overfilled with memories of my home.

I shot awake, and checked my surroundings. It looked like a lab.

I tried to stand up, but I was restricted by chains on my wrists and ankles.

I attempted to use my strength to break free, but nothing was working.

"Don't even try to escape. Those chains block all your powers." I snapped my head to find Grey walking across a platform, smirking.

"You can't keep me here!" I exclaimed, hearing my voice echo.

"I can do what I want." She walked down the steps. "And you can't do anything to stop me."

"My team with find me." I snarled at her, she slowly got closer to me.  I fought in the chains, and she just laughed at my lousy attempt to break free.

"I doubt they will. They have no idea where you are and what is coming their way." She kneeled down to my level and I growled at her face. She gripped my neck, firmly. My breathing hitched, and I could barely breath. "I could snap your neck this instant, but I want to take my time with you."

She snarled at me. I felt tears prick out of my eyes. She forcefully let me got and I fell onto my back, breathing frantically. I held my neck, barely able to catch my breath. Grey is stronger then before.

"For now, you are bait." She walked away and upstairs.

I turned my head watching her leave.

"Oh." She stopped and stared at me, "And if you even think about escaping, I will end you."

She left right after that, leaving me alone.

I stared up at the ceiling, squinting my eyes shut from the light.

This isn't the end, I will get out of here.

---

Grey came back, but she had a friend with her. Seth Harper. He was chained up and forced to make Grey more ooze to make her more powerful.

"I thought you were dead." I asked him, frowning.

"That's what I wanted you to think." Seth told me.

"Shut it you two!" Grey snapped at us, and I immediately shut my mouth. I would to keep my head, thank you.

Grey chained him up to the table and left again. Harper and I made contact a few times, but I was just growling at him the whole time.

This dude messed with my friends, which means I will end him.

Grey came back, "Is it ready?"

She stood at the railing with a light shining on her.

Harper looked up, "Considering you can claw my head off.. yeah it's ready."

Smart answer.

Grey walked down the platform to get to him.

"Technically, it's not the same gel you fell into, which we know can give you monster powers." Harper explained, examining the gel he made.

It looked exactly like the gel she fell into.