Versus The X-Weapon

Veronica's POV

The following day, we took Grace to visit Mech-X5. I can tell she wasn't comfortable with me around, which bothered me a lot. She's my legal guardian as of right now and she can't be afraid of me.

"So, you're Mech-X5 and you control the robot with your mind and you're an alien with these strange powers and you and your friends are part of a team that fights the monsters that had been attacking Bay City?" Grace said, covering everything we told her before.

"Yeah." Ryan agreed. "That's pretty much it."

"So, this whole time you guys have been lying to me?" Grace questioned. We didn't bother responding to her question.

"Okay." Ryan clapped his hands together. "I have an idea, we're trying to come clean right? So, uh, let's play a game of truth or truth."

"Hmm, truth or truth is not a game," Grace told her youngest son.

"Well, we're trying to get all of our secrets out of the way at once. So Mark will tell one, Veronica will tell one, you will tell one, and I will tell one." Ryan explained.

"That sounds fun." Mark smiled.

"Yeah totally." I agreed. I actually don't think it sounds fun, just trying to be nice.

"Okay great, Mark you start," Ryan suggested.

Uhhhhh.." Mark thought for a moment. "I'm secretly a toilet texter."

"Hmm." Ryan and I nodded. I wish I didn't know that.

"Every time I text you between 3:15 and 3:22. I'm on the toilet." Mark admitted

Grace's face turned into a disgusted one. "That's when you always text me."

"Right terrible. Okay, Veronica, your turn." Ryan nudged me softly and I sighed.

"Okay, you already know my biggest secret but my last name is actually Caldera. Not Dublin." I smiled nervously. I wasn't ready to tell her I'm a princess and that I almost died like five times.

"Ain't that a shock," Ryan commented, making me elbow him in the stomach.

"I'm still a little freaked out by the whole alien thing," Grace confessed and I shrugged.

"Not surprised."

"Okay, mom," Ryan said.

"I want to know more about this." Grace gestured to the giant robot we were currently in.

"And you will, but we're playing again," Ryan informed. "So truth or truth."

Grace rolled her eyes. "Fine. Truth. I don't actually bake your birthday cakes, I buy them. That's a gift to me."

Mark gasped quietly and Ryan was shocked.

"You didn't invent Choco the Whale?" Ryan asked offended. I scoffed behind my hand.

"I cook for a living, Ryan-" Grace stopped when she saw Ryan's hurt face and she sighed. "Stop that!" Ryan smiled at her. "Okay, your turn. Truth or truth."

"Um..." Ryan averted his eyes to think. He walked down to the control pad and turned to us. Ryan then summarized to Grace our whole adventure we had. "I am so glad I got that off my chest." He hi-fived his brother and me. That impressed me that's for sure. "Do you wanna see the robot fly?"

"No, I don't wanna see the robot-" She stopped herself and smiled. "Wait, the robot flies?"

I put my hand out and pretended to launch it out. "Pew!"