Versus the End Part 2

Veronica's POV

After an eventful journey of saving Harris and me, we can finally save the world. We were heading to the last known location of Traeger. We were searching for Zelda as well, but she would most likely be with him.

In case something happened on Caldera, Dustin and Nikell headed back there to protect the planet. I personally wanted to assist them, but I know I'm needed here more.

Being Zelda's little minion came in handy actually. The powers she lent me are still inside my system, except the teleportation and flying; that bummed me out when I figured out I couldn't do those two things. Instead of having just energy-based abilities, I have ice-based abilities now too.

I didn't get too many, just a few. Ice beam, Blizzard Creation, Ice Whip, and Cryo-Electricity Manipulation.

My body can now handle freezing cold temperatures. I don't think I have a weakness at the moment and it's quite relieving to not have a weakness. I guess being Zelda's minion was an advantage for me.

"Geez! How fast are we going?" Mark asked. The robot was going pretty fast compared to before.

"Well-"

"954.3 miles per hour." Ryan finished for Veracity.

I gave my boyfriend a look. I will be shocked if that's right.

"That's... that's exactly correct." Veracity informed, shocked.

"How did you know that?" I asked Ryan.

"The power upgrade has put me completely in sync with Mech-X5," Ryan explained, walking away from the middle. He came up to me and wrapped an arm around me. "If we weren't racing to catch Traeger, I'd be enjoying this."

"You know what I'm going to enjoy?" Harris began. "Watching supercharged you, super-powered Veronica, and super-angry me kick Traeger and Zelda's super red and blue butts!" He slammed his fist on the desk.

"Aw, super red and blue butts." Veracity grinned. "You know, that was the name of mine and Veronica's first band."

I cringed at that memory of Veracity and I being in that stupid band. It was so hilarious, yet embarrassing.

"Don't ask." I shook my head, embarrassed.

"Yeah, I won't," Ryan said.

"Don't worry about it," Mark told us.

"We should be enjoying this. I mean, Ryan's super-charged and Veronica has new powers. We- we took out Traeger's last two monsters." Spyder reminded us.

"And we only wasted Harris once," Mark added.

"Will you guys please stop talking about that?" Harris asked, annoyed.

"Twice! Counting the shed that landed on him a while back." Ryan informed, glancing up at Mark.

"What about Veronica? She died for a good 30 minutes." Harris protested and I gave him a death glare.

"Bad idea. She will get angry if you bring that up." Ryan pointed out, tightening this grip on me.

"If we weren't friends, I would freeze you to death." I threatened.

Harris turned away from us, slightly frightened.

Ryan released me and returned to the control pad. I calmed down, chuckling to myself.

"Okay, we're coming up on Traeger and Zelda's last-known location. This is where we tracked all that ooze that Traeger summoned." Ryan told us and breathed out. "Get ready."