Versus the Thirty

Veronica's POV

Having Harper with us will take some getting used to. I'm still skeptical about him he doesn't seem trustworthy. He may have saved us but he's tricked us before, he's very sneaky. At least he helped us get the robot back together, I hope he didn't put explosives inside the robot.

Harris, Veracity, Spyder, and Mark were in the control room putting the two halves of the robot back together. I was with Ryan in the lounge watching him test out his connection with Mech-X5. Gotta make sure that everything is in perfect shape.

"Nice." I glanced back to find Harper there. "I'm always amazed to see that power work." We didn't respond but he kept rambling. "You know what's cool about that wrist. The Harper punch will be three times more powerful than your plasma punch."

Ryan put his hand down, "We are not calling it the Harper Punch."

"It sounds like the worst juice drink ever," I added on, resting my elbow on Ryan's shoulder. "And dude you're not a member of this team."

"I say who is apart of this team babe," Ryan told me. I gave him a look as he turned to Harper. "You're not apart of this team."

I shook my head and flicked the back of his head but he didn't flinch because he is used to that.

"Because I dated your mom?" Harper guessed.

"No. It's because you tried to destroy the world." Ryan reminded him.

"Ehh, details." Harper shrugged.

"Look remember the deal? Use your money and your tech to upgrade the robot, Veronica and I take down Traeger, and it's game on between use three." Ryan informed Harper.

"Woah ho ho. Look who got all alpha on me." Harper began. "Look out puberty, here comes Ryan."

Ryan started to get irritated with his jokes and Harper stopped.

"Okay, I get it, I get it, but... we have a problem. The control panel is still a little glitchy. None of us can figure it out, Leo may be the only one who can fix it so where is he?" Harper informed and Ryan and I glanced at each other and shrugged.

"No clue." We both responded.

"It's cool, I'll take a look at the pad. Harp-execute." Harper crossed his arms and I cringed a little.

"That's not a thing," I told him.

"It kinda feels like a thing." Harper countered before walking away.

"Who made that a thing?" Ryan asked him.

"I think I just made that a thing!" Harper called out leaving the lounge.

He's worse than Spyder.

My phone buzzed and it was a friend of mine. I had to leave to work on a stupid project.

"Hey Ry, I gotta go to Ruby's house for that project for school," I told him, grabbing my backpack. He pouted for a moment before kissing my cheek.

"Alright, I'll see you later." We hugged tightly before I left the lounge.

----

Later that same day, I got a text from Ryan saying that he is going to a find his birth mother and save her. He didn't want to get into detail but that was the jiff of it. I headed back to the robot to find my friends because Ruby annoys me.

I found Spyder, Veracity, and Harris. They were about to leave which means I was too.

"You guys leaving? Where you going? You got plans? Are you free?" Mark questions walking in and sitting down.